Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2009, 09:21 PM

278 posts, read 550,290 times

Advertisements

i once tried to make it to new years las vegas a few years ago driving from los angeles. unfortunately i booked a hotel on the 31st. i took off early in the afternoon on the 31st and arrived in las vegas, oh i dont know, at around 3am hehehe. i had no idea the traffic would be that bad. that being said, i celebrated the new year in the car with a bunch of other cars honking their horns.

what a disaster that was, but kind of fun with 1 mile per hour traffic in the desert and thousands of cars. that being said it took over 10 hours to get to las vegas.

so now i want to try this again this year. im thinking to book a hotel on the 30th this time. but i dont want to spend $200 a night especially since ill be out and about most of the time. ive stayed at terribles before and its walking distance from the strip but ive found other meager hotels cheaper like alexis park resort and arizona charlies decatur for about $100 a night if i book now. i seriously dont mind walking a mile to the strip to celebrate the new years.

but is there anything better than those deals? not looking for a swiming pool or any amenities, just something walking distance to the strip, $100 per night at most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 10:00 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,664,116 times
AZ Charlies is a lot farther than a mile from the strip. If you're driving in, park near the Palace Station, then take a cab from there.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:18 PM

549 posts, read 1,380,022 times
I know you want to walk around, but you really should try South Point. Their rooms are awesome and I just checked, still available and only about $100/night. They are having a 48 hour room sale starting 11/11 @ 9am. Might get a great deal.

Also, from 6pm NYE to 6pm NYD FREE CAT bus service. It is a crazy ride though! My children and I went one year thinking that it would be great to ride the free CAT bus downtown and back on NYE. It didn't go quite as planned and was a 5hr trip! We only lived 5 miles from the Strip at the time. We did meet a lot of interesting and drunk people. It was quite the experience that we vowed never to do again. LOL But, for someone single and wanting to party, it would be a blast.

Just a suggestion. Everything else is probably going to be a lot more on the Strip itself.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:11 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,721 times
Lots of free lodging being offerd from the 30th through the 1st. Look around and book early.

No one says you can't next time leave at 3am the prior night.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:08 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,986,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Lots of free lodging being offerd from the 30th through the 1st. Look around and book early.

name 1 place thats giving free lodging on the 31st (relevant to the strip, not an az charlies or primm)

Old 11-10-2009, 12:38 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,472,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

Oh jeez, please do tell us!

I got a phone call from the group of cousins back east the other day and they want to come to Las Vegas to celebrate New Year.

Oh, please do tell where there is free lodging, and I'll reserve their rooms for them! Right now!!

I'm also thinking the jury is still out about having the fireworks extravaganza. Didn't the fire chief sort of put the kabosh on that last year?

Anyone hear any current info on that?

Old 11-10-2009, 12:38 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,986,981 times
looked on expedia yesterday.. not much left on the strip for new years.....except maybe CityCenter...

Old 11-11-2009, 10:29 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,105,648 times
ROFLMAO.....IF there is anyone offering FREE on NY's Eve, it is because you have earned it thru your previous play....NO OTHER REASON

We ain't in the business of givin free rooms to non-gamblers.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:31 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,105,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
looked on expedia yesterday.. not much left on the strip for new years.....except maybe CityCenter...
MOST of the properties give VERY FEW rooms to the wholesalers [Expedia etc.] for NY's....[we give 50 rooms total out of 690]

Reason being that we don't need to .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas