Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 02:48 PM

444 posts, read 1,615,335 times

Advertisements

By youngish I meant 25 to 30. My wife is 56 and still takes classes.

I would latch onto redwhale. Sounds like he/she has a wealth of info. Nothing helps like a mentor for info and encouragement. Again, good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 05:55 PM

213 posts, read 522,641 times
Default RE: Why CSN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryinvegas View Post
I am curious to know why you are taking CSN classes if you are in N. Nevada?
Where are you located?
They have many colleges in N.Nevada and they all offer online classes: UNR, Western, TMCC, GBC.
At some point you may need live classes, I would check the above institutions if I were you.

Good luck!
I have chosen CSN for a few different reasons. The first being that I live in Reno, and TMCC no longer has Sociology, which is my major. The second being that CSN does and they offer the degree 100% online. Yes, I could go to UNR, but I just don't care for the school. And, why pay that much when I can get my under-graduate courses at a community college? If things stay the same as they are right now, UNLV offers a Psychology degree 100% online, so my plan (as of right now) is to transfer to UNLV and continue to take online courses after receiving my Associates. I can still get to where I want to go with either degree. and CSN offers Associates in both.

I spent a few months researching schools (online and ones that offered online courses such as GBCC, TMCC ect..) and calling various schools to verify if the classes they offered for my degree would require me to appear in person, and most of them said yes, CSN does not require you to appear in person, and other arrangements can be made if the instructor wants you to show up. I can use my webcam or call in. If there comes a time (which I am sure there will be) where I actually need to take a class (like one that takes a lab), I can take classes at TMCC. I am sure that they offer Biology and such. I applied to TMCC just for that situation!

I also looked up reviews for each school I was thinking about, and CSN had (for the most part) good reviews.

Thanks again everyone, and thanks redwhale for your informative posts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: