Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 08:59 AM

180 posts, read 391,905 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had experience with a service that will periodically check on a vaction home for us. What do they charge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,165,826 times
Like a property management company?

Old 01-25-2012, 09:51 AM

I would think a property management company would work if they will only do the checking up most I thought look after rental units dealing with rents and tenants etc.
Do you know of a reputable one who would work for us?

Old 01-25-2012, 10:16 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,540,296 times
what do you need checked?

Maybe I will start a business.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:36 AM

Looking for a company to go in every few weeks to make sure there are no problems take any flyers while we are not using it.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:01 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,540,296 times
check to see if the water is off... smell for gas... pick up junk mail forward any important looking HOA or utilities material... look for force-able entry... sounds like a mellow gig that should not cost that much to the owners.

Maybe this is something I need to look into. bonding might be an issue though.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:26 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,034,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NU2LV View Post
Has anyone had experience with a service that will periodically check on a vaction home for us. What do they charge?
Have you purchased your vacation home yet? If not, you may want to look at a guard-gated community because such a community may perform such a service for you at no charge. For example, here in Spanish Trail the roving patrols provide a complete property check three times a day when the owners are out of town. We have a nearby neighbor whose primary residence is in California and we see the guards routinely checking his property. We also use the service several times a year when we travel out of the area.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:17 PM

We have purchased the unit and it is in a gated community, we are thinking of speaking with the property management company or the on site maintenance people.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:57 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,809,438 times
MSchu Good thought I am surprised that no one has offered this as a business. I know on the east coast it is done. When my niece was in collage she did this during her summer vacations what they called house sitting where they would go to the house water plants collect mail and check the place out. The frequency of visits were up to the customer. She charged $10.00 for the visit per day. This was over 10 years ago but she made good money and worked at her hours. Most of them were condo's townhouse places around where she lived. It was in a suburb of the Boston area. So your idea is not far fetch. I know of other services offered where you leave your pet home and a person house sits the pet in your home. It is also offered for fish tank folks who have expensive tropical fish. Makes you think twice about buying such items. You can board a dog or cat but fish ??? and you never know when you have an emergency such as death in the family or medical illness including yourself. Something to look into for a second income or start up business.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:32 PM

82 posts, read 203,777 times
We're using Home Watchers of Las Vegas (Las Vegas Home Watchers :: Welcome!) and are very happy with their services. Pricing depends on the size and type of the property.

The advantage of using a company like this is that they're fully licensed, insured and bonded and do things on a systematic basis and fully document what they find and do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas