Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 06:47 PM

3 posts, read 5,176 times

Advertisements

Hi, if I order a machete online, and as long as I'm over 18(which I am), and order it to Las Vegas, and all I do is keep it in my house, is it totally legal? Will they ask for a signature? Do I need to register it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 07:01 PM

121 posts, read 272,821 times
Not sure what the problem here is... even if it is illegal, when the authorities come to your house you can just chop them to bits.

I understand why you want the machete though. It is a very useful tool in hacking your way cross country here in the Mojave.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 PM

I see what you did there. But for real, is it illegal? If it is legal, what procedures are needed?

Old 04-12-2011, 07:20 PM

121 posts, read 272,821 times
I doubt it... I would order away. If there are any legal restrictions I am sure the site would have disclaimers. I'm also confident the authorities don't have the resources or inclination to follow up on every machete sale in Southern Nevada.

But, more importantly, what do you want a machete for? I gather you are not much older than 18.

I admit I would have wanted a machete at that age, but I can guarantee you it will be living in the back of your closet within a few months.

What you should really buy are ninja throwing stars.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:27 PM

Actually, I'm 22 and I just moved here studying hotel managing, which sadly, isn't supported by Ontario University. I'm a very big knife collector, and I know the sheriff in my neighborhood very well back there, so I knew what not and what do.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:01 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
As far as I know you can go to just about any military surplus store and buy one, or go to a flea market and you'll find kiosks selling knives all over the place. I don't know why you'd think they are illegal unless you came from someplace anal like New York or Ohio, or if you have the intention to use it on someone. If they are illegal I don't know why I always see them at Fantastic Flea Market along with the nunchucks and other strange weapons.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times
You can buy full sized samurai swords in the mall. In a place where guns are practically coming out of the sewer I don't think anyone cares about machete's. However, after this thread you may be on a watch list.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:31 AM

126 posts, read 269,335 times
Why in the world would you need to order one online?

Had some nasty weeds a while back, so picked up a machete at walmart (sporting goods/hunting section) for like $4.99. Save yourself the shipping/handling fees.

Now a few years back I went through a movie memorabilia collection phase and ordered an "Indiana Jones" machete (bought online and sent through the mail).. but aint using that thing on the weeds without the fedora and whip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas