Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 01:14 AM

2 posts, read 9,694 times

Advertisements

Hi all.
After 20 years of living in Russia I seriously thought about immigrate to America.
I have a lot of reasons why I want leave my home.

But there are some problems: my knowledge of English more than bad, I have studied only 9 classes and I think that americans don't like russians.

Theoretically, do I have a chance to leave my country? P.S. Not even necessarily in America, anywhere.

Reasons for leave?

For example, I have health insurance and have the money that this insurance is not included, such as dentistry. However, in order to go to a doctor I need a long time to consult with friends and acquaintances, so as not to get to the layman.

Or:
The inability to buy a home in your city. Unreasonably high prices for apartments.
If you sell your wretched apartment on the outskirts of Moscow, which is in almost emergency house, you will be able to buy a castle in the Czech Republic.

And that's just 2 examples.

I'm not talking about the police, who supposedly protects us. In Russia, pass by police and think about how he will not be detained for no reason and did not hang on you for some offense that you did not commit.

Here you will pass by the company of three people and hope that they will not find in your appearance that they do not like it. Otherwise you just beaten. And it is normal here. There normally live only those who know how to steal from the people and the state. Only such people are provided with everything they can.

Who can I work in America without knowing the language? How I can get an education or any profession working in America?
I'm tired of this "harsh Russian reality." I just want a quiet life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 01:18 AM

2 posts, read 9,694 times
Sry for my bad English.

P.S. I hate my country, my nation, russian mentality. But I am russian. Is it normal?

Old 12-17-2014, 01:45 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Couple of useful sites.
How to Immigrate Into the United States Permanently: 12 Steps

Homepage | USCIS

Good Luck

Old 12-17-2014, 04:02 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
You're also eligible for the DV visa/lottery and can find information on that on the USCIS website which the previous poster has linked.

Many people feel about their country the way you feel about yours so that's not really unusual. Just remember that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence!

And it's not at all true that, "Americans don't like Rissuans"! Good luck!

Old 12-21-2014, 02:44 PM

260 posts, read 434,261 times
The diversity visa, as already mentioned, seems like a good way to come.

Americans are fine with Russians. There are plenty of immigrants from former Soviet countries in areas like Southern Brooklyn, NYC. If you need an existing Russian-speaking community who also have a distaste for the Russian government then I'd recommend it.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:07 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,456,019 times
Ways of immigrating to USA, in Russian:

Immigration service
Ways to legal immigration to USA
Immigrating to USA

Ask people on this forum:

Forum Vinskogo

Canada may be easier to immigrate to:

Want Canada!
Иммиграция в Канаду

Immigrating to Russia is not a piece of cake, neither:

Russian Immigration Laws - Way to Russia Guide

The first and foremost is knowing the language! If you think that is hard to do.... In fact, learning English is THE easiest in the immigration process.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:44 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,560,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbleb33 View Post
Sry for my bad English.

P.S. I hate my country, my nation, russian mentality. But I am russian. Is it normal?
Your english was just fine in your post. Americans are not unfamiliar in dealing with people who english is not a first language. Just take your time don't get nervous and practice and you'll be fine.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:44 AM

94 posts, read 116,725 times
Originally Posted by bumbleb33
Sry for my bad English.

Yes, hating Russia is completely normal.

From someone who immigrated here from Russia 30 years ago..I can share your feelings.

However, I think you can be happier in a European country such as France, Italy or Spain. It would be a lot easier for your to assimilate for a Russian especially if you are not a teenager.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:58 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,050,766 times
Being gay would help!

For US: Gay Russians face uncertain wait for refugee status in US | World news | The Guardian

Or for Canada: Canada to favour refugee claims by gay Russians - The Globe and Mail

Old 12-24-2014, 02:52 PM

234 posts, read 328,052 times
Come with Work and Travel program, or tour visa, find a job and stay until you marry an american.
Im russian myself and know plenty of russians who live here (even those who r illegal), they have jobs and dont ever regret leaving russia.
I moved here in 2010 with J1 visa, then exchanged it for tour visa, then got married. Just stay tuned to your dream and act!
Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration