Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 04:45 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemark1962 View Post
Our second interview did not go well. Officer said he separated us because our story did not match, even though he never asked us any questions to determine that. He asked me if I ever left the country since we been married. I said once to china. Officer said he had me manifested on a flight to sao paolo brazil when I was in china and my passport proves it. He refused to look at it and he said my wife was manifested to go to cuba which would be impossible due to the embargo. My wife was also in china with me. He refused to look at any of our documentation even though we had everything required, He said our case is frozen and my wifes 2 yr green card which was extended by 1 more year is expiring in july. Now we have to get a lawyer to fight this prick of an officer.
What happened during the 1st interview?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 05:22 AM

3 posts, read 3,693 times
Default 1st interview

Our first interview went fine, brought required documents, The officer asked how we met and made sure we had health insurance and that was it. 45 minutes and we were on our way. Do not know what happen to 2nd interview. Officer lied so much I might pursue perjury charges since he is a sworn officer.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:39 AM

3 posts, read 3,693 times
Quote:
Our first interview went fine, brought required documents, The officer asked how we met and made sure we had health insurance and that was it. 45 minutes and we were on our way. Do not know what happen to 2nd interview. Officer lied so much I might pursue perjury charges since he is a sworn officer.
My life was turned upside down in a second

Old 06-30-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Maybe you and your spouse had no matching answers without you being aware. Or answers tat didn't match prior filled out on the paperwork.

I guess you need to hire a lawyer.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:57 PM

87 posts, read 80,954 times
I was given a notice right after my interview with ticked boxes of extra requirements I need. My wife is an American citizen and SA citizen, but the American consulate are asking for financial support from somebody in America and that persons' tax returns....I really don't know why this is necessary if we have assets to sell and retirement money etc.

So I was not denied, but still need extra documentation.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:06 PM

Assets to sell is not having assets right now and not of any value until they are sold.

Some items are hard to sell and they are not in the business of evaluating what a property is worth or if it can be sold easily or if there is a clouded title or more.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:24 PM

87 posts, read 80,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Assets to sell is not having assets right now and not of any value until they are sold.

Some items are hard to sell and they are not in the business of evaluating what a property is worth or if it can be sold easily or if there is a clouded title or more.
Ok I understand...now i know what to do.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 555 times
I went for an interview on Dec ember 19,2017,my husband and i,when the interview was finished,she did not guve us anything ,did not ask for more information, did not say anything, than thank you ,what dl you think?

Old 01-09-2018, 07:59 AM

983 posts, read 1,634,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailine View Post
I went for an interview on Dec ember 19,2017,my husband and i,when the interview was finished,she did not guve us anything ,did not ask for more information, did not say anything, than thank you ,what dl you think?
You'll get the approval notice in a few weeks and the green cards a few weeks after that.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:56 PM

1,186 posts, read 967,004 times
My spouse is not a US citizen; we did the GC interview 2 years ago (coming up on conditional GC expiration!) and the interview literally took 10 mins. The interviewer was very professional and basically assured us that she can tell within a few mins if more questioning/follow-up will be needed. So in this case I think not having a lot of feedback was a good thing. I don't really remember if she asked us any questions; mostly just went through the file quickly to verify high level details.

For what it's worth, we didn't hire a lawyer for this process. I used to be a lawyer, (not an immigration one though), and we were just really careful about filling out the paperwork, dotting all the 'i's', etc. My approach through the whole process has been to err on the side of providing them too much paperwork/evidence in the filings rather than too little. I'm not sure what your situation is, but the documents are pretty clear that anything that tips them off to the possibility of your relationship not being 'bona fide' (existing for purposes of defrauding the immigration system) will be grounds for further investigation and possibly denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration