Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 12:04 PM

7 posts, read 25,539 times

Advertisements

Hey again! I'm looking for a mommy and me group or MOPS in the area of Bethlehem, does anyone have any advice? What we are looking for is a warm and welcoming mommy and me group so me and my 19 month old can make new friends. We are here in PA for three years as my husband is an active duty Marine stationed in Allentown so making friends is a big deal to me, especially for my little one. Also, any recommendations for a church? I don't know if anyone has lived in Southern California (in the Orange County or San Diego County areas) but I'm looking for a non-denomination Christian church that is similar to the Southern CA style. Much like Saddleback Church in SoCal. A bigger church with lots of music and up-to-date feel for worship and approach. It is so different here in the east, but a good different so any recommendations for anything in the area of Bethlehem would be appreciated. We are living in the neighboorhood close by the Bethlehem Community Center (Oakland and Easton). Thanks!

Last edited by Boogaloosmommy; 07-14-2009 at 12:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 09:03 PM

63 posts, read 172,912 times
Welcome to the area--I think you will find things quite different around here! Hopefully you will find some friends for yourself and your little one through some of these networks:

MOPS meets at Ebenezer Bible Fellowship Church--I don't attend there but I think that is as close as you're going to get to what you're looking for.
Ebenezer Bible Fellowship | Bethlehem PA | Lehigh Valley

MOMS Club--sounds like you live in the Township and they have a very active chapter: MOMS Club, Bethlehem Township, PA

Old 08-03-2009, 10:29 PM

13 posts, read 45,395 times
Not sure where you are in your church search, but my wife and I just moved here from the Seattle area in June, and did a church search for something like what you describe (the pastor of our church in the NW actually used to be the college pastor at Saddleback).

Anyhow, we've really been enjoying LifeChurch (Lifechurch: Home of the Extraordinary). Definitely a little different from what we're used to in some ways (it is a very diverse congregation) but it has really top notch contemporary worship and so far we've enjoyed all of the speakers. The nursery people have been great too. I suggest checking it out!

How did the mommy group search go? I'm a stay-at-home-dad to a 10 month old boy. I want to find a play group of some kind, but so far none of the groups I can find will let SAHDs come!

Old 01-05-2010, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 7,150 times
Boogaloosmommy~ I am looking for what you have just described. My husband is in the medical field and I am a SAHM. Would love to any helpful leads!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:40 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
Besides the places listed above, may I also mention your local library? All of the Lehigh Valley libraries have storytimes and activities for young children. I've noticed too that the Bible Fellowship churches have a real family centric format. We have one in Coopersburg and there's another big on at the corner of 78 and Cedar Crest.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley