Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2010, 12:41 PM

5 posts, read 19,244 times

Advertisements

I'm unsure why my searches all over the web and on here on city data turn up nothing definitive. The closest I found to being believable was a page for fox 16 that said that we were up to 37. That sounds accurate but then if you look closely it says last update 2007.

Is there possibly a useful, trustable site people use to find out this information?

City Data had one poster keeping up with it for Shreveport at 24 this year.

I need a trustable source for total number of murders so far in Little Rock. Does anybody know of one?

THX for any help.

ArkLaTexan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 04:30 PM

837 posts, read 2,250,139 times
I guess you could call the police department.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:58 PM

697 posts, read 1,776,297 times
Little Rock Police Department publishes monthly reports on their website here:
Statistics: Little Rock Police Department

I checked this year so far, and the total through April (last available report) was 6, a 50% (thankfully) decrease from 2009, which was significantly down from 2008, and 2007 as well. For more current data over the summer period they haven't posted yet, I'd call the office.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 AM

Default I need to know the total number of murders in Little Rock so far in 2010

Thanks for the replies everyone. Honestly, I just really don't wish to call the P.D. to find out. We live in a world with a heightened state alertness and I don't want to be on record at the P.D. for asking what some might think is a provocative question. I've had nice conversations with many of them so it would probably be OK but I don't care to be associated with the subject.

My curiosity stemmed from a conversation on another forum where an individual was a aghast that Shreveport was up to 24 and I was pretty sure we were higher because it seems there's been an uptick in retaliatory shootings, stabbings and murders this year.

In that discussion someone posted a graphic that showed the perp, vic, neighborhood and method. On that graphic I recognized the name of someone I went to school with. Haven't verified it yet

Thanks for all the help so far. Maybe I'll call the local news stations...no, on second thought I don't think that's the best idea either. I just want a link to the stats and maybe it simply does not exist. If anyone comes up with another idea to easily get the information please post it.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:30 PM

837 posts, read 2,250,139 times
I really don't think it's a big deal to the LRPD or any local media outlets for you or anyone else to ask a question like that, but it's your call.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:44 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,862,040 times
The police dept doesn't care if you call and request info on crime. I've done it before, when I purchased real estate.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:46 PM

Ah. Thanks, guys. And gals. It's just that PDs to keep a tab but I'm cool with the LRPD. I couple years ago they told me to call them on Saturday nights at shift change and ask for a drive through my neighborhood.

They didn't mind a bit. We were have some auto break in and thefts and the dept. all but completely stopped it that summer. I'm sure that not 100% of all Little Rock LEOs are perfect my experiences with them in public as well as in the business community has always been positive.

Thanks, everybody. If I find a super, daily updated source I'll post it.

THX for all of your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area