Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 01:57 AM

184 posts, read 205,245 times

Advertisements

I'm a single young AA guy in my mid 20's and I will be starting a new professional job there soon. I have been doing lots of research and although there is a large AA population, there seems to be not much to do. I will be very busy most of the time, but when I do get a little free time I want to be able to go somewhere, have fun, and meet people my age. I'm not into the club scene with loud music and thugs. I don't mind going to bars, lounges, music festivals as long I feel comfortable there and it isn't segregated. I'm from the south so I know how segregated the bar scene can be. Any info will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 02:50 PM

50 views and nothing?

Old 02-05-2014, 05:30 PM

13 posts, read 29,751 times
I happen to be a white gay guy but my best friend is African American gal. She always raves about Club Elevations on Colonel Glenn Road. I am not sure if it's upscale. If she likes it, it has to be good!

Old 02-05-2014, 06:27 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,129,095 times
I viewed your topic, but I don't live in LR, I'm not black, and I'm not upscale.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:21 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
I viewed your topic, but I don't live in LR, I'm not black, and I'm not upscale.
LOL....same here, Rock Climber. Add to that, I'm a teetotaler and definitely not into nightlife....my "nightlife" consists of a couch, a soft blankie (that "Royal Lux Plush" one from Wal Mart....everyone needs one of those!), a book, and a heating pad for my aching back! LOL

Sorry we couldn't help you, kgpremed. I hope you like Little Rock and find plenty of friends.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:00 AM

34 posts, read 156,143 times
I'm black, have some upscale taste, but I don't live in Little Rock. I did attend college there from 2005-2009, so I may be of some help. To answer your question bluntly, there is none. At least there wasn't any when I was living there. Now there are things for AAs to do in general, as you pointed out, Little Rock does have a high AA population. The problem is that the percentage of upper class AA is small, and Little Rock just isn't a upscale city. I wouldn't let this discourage you as there are some restaurants with bars in them that cater to an upscale crowd, just not primarily AA. Many of the black clubs, while they may not specifically cater to an upscale crowd, you will find a range of people on the social class scale.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:59 AM

99 posts, read 176,444 times
Jazzi and trois.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:33 PM

369 posts, read 1,301,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalim123 View Post
Jazzi and trois.
Those are NOT "upscale". They're both on Asher, so that alone tells you that they aren't upscale. Elevations is down the road on Colonel Glenn, and NO, Elevations is not upscale either... it's thug central. If you're looking for a one night stand, Elevations is the place to be though. There are not any true "upscale African-American bars/clubs" in the LR area, but there are plenty of upscale bars and clubs that cater to all types of people, and most of them will naturally be about 20%-50% black due to LR's large African-American population.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,936 times
I am a AA male and I've been living in LR for 4 years now. I moved here for a job straight out of college. To get to the point, no there isn't any upscale night life venues for AA. Night life here sucks. It's crazy for a city with a population that Little Rock has, doesn't have not one upscale venue. It's a boring city, only thing keeping me here is I love where I work.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dqs1906 View Post
I am a AA male and I've been living in LR for 4 years now. I moved here for a job straight out of college. To get to the point, no there isn't any upscale night life venues for AA. Night life here sucks. It's crazy for a city with a population that Little Rock has, doesn't have not one upscale venue. It's a boring city, only thing keeping me here is I love where I work.

That's kinda depressing. One of my other major hobbies is running. I know about the river trail and allsopp park. Are there any other great places to run in Arkansas close to UAMS? I would love to find a track or some place that has mile markers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area