Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2020, 09:45 PM

3 posts, read 3,182 times

Advertisements

Excerpt from a press release below

"Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced plans to open its first fulfillment center in Little Rock, Arkansas. The new fulfillment center, which is anticipated to launch in 2021, will create over 1,000 new full-time jobs with industry-leading pay and comprehensive benefits starting on day one.

The City of Little Rock’s Board of Directors gave final approval for a sale of 80 acres at the Port of Little Rock to Amazon.com, Inc. during its meeting on April 7, 2020. This after the Little Rock Port Authority Board of Directors made a similar approval at their specially-called meeting earlier that day. The acquisition gives the company exclusive control for the development of the Zeuber Road site.

“We’re delighted to be building out our network of operations in Little Rock, Arkansas,” said Alicia Boler Davis, Amazon’s vice president of global customer fulfillment. “We greatly appreciate the strong support from local and state leaders as we look to open our first fulfillment center and second delivery station in the state of Arkansas. We look forward to creating over a thousand jobs for the Little Rock community, with industry-leading pay and comprehensive benefits starting on day one.”

Does this bode well for the overall economic outlook of the city or is this not really that big of a deal? Curious to hear some thoughts! I'll definitely be applying for a job when they open since I work in the I.T. industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 01:51 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
It's going to be mainly a warehouse and the only tech will be supporting the network that keeps the orders flowing in. I live about 10 miles from an Amazon fulfillment center that is just south of Memphis. When they were still mainly selling books, they had a warehouse on Shelby Drive in south Memphis along with dozens of other fulfillment centers. I used to stop by PC Mall on my way home for their outlet store. Plus you could order from the site and choose "pick up" and your order would be waiting.

Old 07-14-2020, 10:24 PM

3 posts, read 3,182 times
Sounds pretty non-consequential when you put it like that.. I will say i'm interested in their amazon delivery truck owner-operator program. I need to look into the economics and do a cost-benefit analysis to see if it would be worth my while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: