Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 09:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,107 times

Advertisements

i herd a walmart is going to be built in gatway plaza .. is the rumer tru ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 09:27 PM

732 posts, read 1,735,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onecrzkid View Post
Good god, no.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:30 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,899 times
Quote:
I heard they are opening a Spelling is Fundamental store.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:46 AM

339 posts, read 933,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I heard they are opening a Spelling is Fundamental store.
How much are they going to be selling vowels for?

Old 08-22-2010, 06:44 PM

721 posts, read 1,567,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Yes. It was in the center of the shops. A sporting goods store (name escapes me) went in there shortly after Sears closed.
Plaza sports?

I remember going to that drive-in. It has been closed for probably more like 20 years now. I remember going to movies there but I was very young. I think I saw ET there.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:08 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Is herding a lucrative business on LI?

I thought the border collies cornered that market.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,926 times
I don't think it's LAfitness .LAF used the same company.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:10 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Moderator cut: This quote was removed. Please do not continue to post the same agenda over and over . Thank you

Target would help the area. More employment, and getting rid of that vacant eyesore would be a welcome addition. It would also put a little dent in the area taxes as well. I think it would be good for the town. I know people like to complain about the lower wages of jobs like these but think about this...first you have the construction jobs. Then the Target staff jobs. Now even if it is a $10/hour job, i'm sure there are tons of kids looking endlessly for something. So this could definitely help. If it's not going to be Target, put something there already. Just no more banks!!!

Last edited by nancy thereader; 06-23-2012 at 07:44 AM..

Old 06-20-2012, 06:43 AM

44 posts, read 85,565 times
Lancet71,

When you have the Local Pols "astro turfing"...creating a Fake "grassroots" group...and with a Developer as their Fake "man of the people" leader, apparently the Local Pols and their Political Elite "benefactors" have something BIG to lose...

meaning LOTS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !

The Truth is, it's The Unions that is behind this anti-big box development...not Environmentalism or preserving The Land.

It's all about Money and Power.

Unfortunately the followers of this DON'T TARGET ROCKY POINT...the real Tax payers...are Naive and being "strung along" for the Ride !

Old 06-20-2012, 06:57 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookhaven631 View Post
Lancet71,

When you have the Local Pols "astro turfing"...creating a Fake "grassroots" group...and with a Developer as their Fake "man of the people" leader, apparently the Local Pols and their Political Elite "benefactors" have something BIG to lose...

meaning LOTS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !

The Truth is, it's The Unions that is behind this anti-big box development...not Environmentalism or preserving The Land.

It's all about Money and Power.

Unfortunately the followers of this DON'T TARGET ROCKY POINT...the real Tax payers...are Naive and being "strung along" for the Ride !
I heard it is currently zoned for recreational only. I guess that would mean movie theatres and golf ranges (like previously) as well as places like paintball. That's why the developer has been trying to get it changed and unfortunately they have been shot down so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island