Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 12:36 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,996,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
You do realize you are putting more effort into mispelling it right?

Its shorter and easier to type it the right way. You are literally going out of your way to type things wrong now.
I go out of my to come on this fourm but i feel its my american duty.

Last edited by Autoracer9; 01-13-2012 at 01:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 12:47 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,753,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
I go out of my to come on this fourm but i fell its my american duty.
did it hurt? are you alright?

Old 01-13-2012, 01:30 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,329,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingnowere View Post
Hi all

I am thinking of moving to bellport i was just wondering if any one could tell me a little about the down. would you rec moving there? i know it part of brookhaven but thats it? i googled it not much comes up just the histry on the down?

just wondering if any one could help me

all so any one know a good website to find apartments in suffolk county?

Thank you

David
It's all a matter of personal tastes. Earlier in the thread, a user said there were 3 main parts of Bellport/North Bellport which is true and pretty much sums it up.

And you asked us if we would move there. Your answer is no, i'm personally not attracted to the area at all. I am not familiar with Bellport Village but I am familiar with North Bellport and it's a very blighted area. Off Sunrise Hwy there was an entire large strip mall closed down and it looked terrible. On Montauk there was a large supermarket closed and boarded up though I heard there were plans to do something with it?

The residential area south of Sunrise is not very attractive at all, lots and I mean lots of boarded up and derilect small houses. The real estate is very cheap and you could easily get something for under 100k and unfortunately, this doesn't attract a very respectable crowd. According to locals, there is a huge illegal immigration problem. A family member bought houses in the area before the recession and pipes and everything of value were stolen, I can only imagine how it is now. Last summer, there was a very bad violent crime wave in the area.

The school district for Bellport and North Bellport [South Country SD] is rated well below the Suffolk average but not quite the worst of the worst. So if you have kids, I couldn't recommend.

As for North of Sunrise, it is somewhat better there.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,996,280 times
I type fast but atleast i made you feel important.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:33 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,753,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
It's all a matter of personal tastes.

Earlier in the thread, a user said there were 3 main parts of Bellport/North Bellport which is true and pretty much sums it up.

And you asked us if we would move there. Your answer is no, i'm not attracted to the area at all. I am not familiar with Bellport Village but I am familiar with North Bellport and it's a very blighted area. Off Sunrise Hwy there was an entire large strip mall closed down and it looked terrible. On Montauk there was a large supermarket closed and boarded up though I heard there were plans to do something with it?

The residential area is not very attractive at all, lots and I mean lots of boarded up and derilect small houses. The real estate is very cheap and you could easily get something for 100k and unfortunately, this doesn't attract a very respectable crowd. According to locals, there is a huge illegal immigration problem. A family member bought houses in the area before the recession and pipes and everything of value were stolen, I can only imagine how it is now.

The school district for Bellport and North Bellport is rated well below the Suffolk average but not quite the worst of the worst. So if you have kids, I couldn't recommend.

As for North of Sunrise, it is somewhat better there.
It was not a stripmall, it was outlets, north of sunrise is fine.

and Bellport Village is one of the nicest villages in the state. Go visit. It is rich beyond rich filled with some of the Island's most wealthiest families from many many generations ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island