Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 01:30 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
How do you know he was taught by Long Island teachers?

Regardless of the message, I actually understood what he was saying. He's really improved his writing from the previous horrific grammar of the past. Gotta give him some credit for that at least.
He's been taking scrap metal to Gershow for 10 years. As Gershow has only one location in Brooklyn and the rest are on the Island, it's a safe bet he grew up and was educated on the Island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPoliticsNoGamesJustMath View Post
Or how bout this novel idea: lets not focus on shi*ting on him and instead provide quality information to his inquisition. If you want - deliver it with grammar that would make your high school teacher proud!
So sorry. I don't speak or understand Illiterati. Perhaps you can translate his post for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 01:47 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,996,459 times
[quote=Yzette;21725571]He's been taking scrap metal to Gershow for 10 years. As Gershow has only one location in Brooklyn and the rest are on the Island, it's a safe bet he grew up and was educated on the Island.

Gershow is also in Medford Smart @ss

Old 11-16-2011, 09:29 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
heh I play hockey with a few cops throughout my years and not once during altercations which lead to words off the rink did they use their occupation as a threat. That guy can't be a cop for real. There's a badge number... they wouldn't risk doing something so stupid for punks at a play yard.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:44 AM

160 posts, read 317,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
Me and my friends were playing Handball today and these 2 guys were upset because they were getting their @sses kicked then 1 of the off duty cops hits the ball out of bounds and we called it out.

the cop said it was good and these 2 go at it saying stuff
then the cop whip"s out his Bage (now we know hes a cop) and ask how old he is
the kid says 17 then the cop says i could kick the Living crap out of you
and says you Know what i will tell the Judge you hit me first and he will take my word for it

then a few other guys who are Regulars come it and tell the cop to calm down the cop Might have grab the kid by the shirt for a brief second
like i said by this time their is 7-8 people on the court their is security cameras on the grounds.

but nobody really wanted to make a big issue out of it but i have a feeling he"s comming back and i may bring a camera and tape from the Woods if
this happens agian.

i have seen some crazy Stuff on youtube about Police Brutailty but never in Person.

Just thought i Share theirs more dirty cops out their then you think.

Most people who spend the majority of their careers either sitting down or at donut shops do not play handball.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:00 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
He's been taking scrap metal to Gershow for 10 years. As Gershow has only one location in Brooklyn and the rest are on the Island, it's a safe bet he grew up and was educated on the Island.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
Gershow is also in Medford Smart @ss

Did you read what I wrote? I added some emphasis in case you missed it.

But thanks for proving my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
heh I play hockey with a few cops throughout my years and not once during altercations which lead to words off the rink did they use their occupation as a threat. That guy can't be a cop for real. There's a badge number... they wouldn't risk doing something so stupid for punks at a play yard.

Which is why either that guy wasn't a cop or this whole story is a bunch of b.s.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:45 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
maybe he was only a corrections officer/security guard trying to play like the big boys and imitating a cop.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:58 PM

270 posts, read 964,598 times
yeah 1st of all don't bother playing handball with this guy again.

2nd, true if there are security cameras, you don't need a camera

3rd, i really don't think this guy was a real cop. they usually don't want people to know they are off duty cops when they are out and about in there personal lives, so they wouldn't be flashing their badge. and just because he shows a badge means he can kick someones ass!.....LOL!!!

He's probably mall security or something

Old 11-16-2011, 02:22 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,807,739 times
This happened to me once many years ago. I simply called a friend of mine who was a cop and he came with me to "settle the score". I never saw the other guy again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island