Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 01:37 PM

59 posts, read 271,304 times

Advertisements

Hi I have almost to buy a house in Hicks but everyone told me that car parking situation is horrible.
Dont want to waste my time looking for the parking spot around 8pm.

So I have considered to live walking distance to the Hicks station then all my friends, families told me that stay away from the station.

Considering those, I have been considering to buy a house in Bethpage or Farmingdale instead.

Please advise both LIRR parking situation.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 01:47 PM

3,515 posts, read 5,696,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautymimi View Post
Hi I have almost to buy a house in Hicks but everyone told me that car parking situation is horrible.
Dont want to waste my time looking for the parking spot around 8pm.

So I have considered to live walking distance to the Hicks station then all my friends, families told me that stay away from the station.

Considering those, I have been considering to buy a house in Bethpage or Farmingdale instead.

Please advise both LIRR parking situation.

Thank you in advance.
I am guessing you mean Hicksville and you mean 8am.
Bethpage like Hicksville requires TOB permit stickers for most of the lots.
Farmingdale is almost all Farmingdale parking only.

From the MTA:

Hicksville : http://mta.info/lirr/images/stationmaps/hicksville.pdf
Bethpage : http://mta.info/lirr/images/stationmaps/bethpage.pdf
Farmingdale : http://mta.info/lirr/images/stationmaps/farmingdale.pdf

Old 08-14-2013, 03:46 PM

Thank you for your comment.

I know I need to get TOB permit,
so you mean, is it no problem parking around 8am with sticker?

I thought people are saying hard to find parking spot even tho TOB resident..Is it wrong?

Old 08-14-2013, 06:44 PM

8am @ hicksville, yes parking will be hard to find.
easier at bethpage.
Dont even think of farmingdale.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:29 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
I think 8am at most stations will be tough. The majority of commuters are on earlier trains than that.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:53 AM

Why not farmingdale??

Old 08-15-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:

Why not farmingdale??
Village of Farmingdale only parking... or limited non village (still need permit). not a lot of lots either.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:27 PM

I see Farmingdale station parking is only for Village of Farmingdale. I have just found out on their website. Non-resident are on waiting list.
OK then I will find my house in incorporated village of Farmingdale or Bethpage.

Thank you!

Old 08-15-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I see Farmingdale station parking is only for Village of Farmingdale. I have just found out on their website. Non-resident are on waiting list.
OK then I will find my house in incorporated village of Farmingdale or Bethpage.

Thank you!
Dont base your house purchase on where you want to park...

You can live anywhere in the Town of Oyster Bay and get a sticker and park in any Town of Oyster Bay lot, i.e. Bethpage, Syosset, Hicksville, Massapequa

You can live in Bethpage and park in Massapequa, or live in Plainview and park in Bethpage or Hicksville.
LI geography is confusing but essentially "towns" are the lowest form of government. Lower breakouts are called hamlets.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:18 PM

246 posts, read 430,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Dont base your house purchase on where you want to park...

You can live anywhere in the Town of Oyster Bay and get a sticker and park in any Town of Oyster Bay lot, i.e. Bethpage, Syosset, Hicksville, Massapequa

You can live in Bethpage and park in Massapequa, or live in Plainview and park in Bethpage or Hicksville.
LI geography is confusing but essentially "towns" are the lowest form of government. Lower breakouts are called hamlets.
Not to get all "Walter" on you but really villages would be the lowest form of government - below towns, which are below counties, yada, yada, yada...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island