Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 02:37 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,137 times

Advertisements

Anyone see the new Stop & Shop owned gas station in Farmingville on the NE corner of N. Ocean Ave. and Horseblock Rd.? It's right across from the shopping center where S&S supermarket is located. That corner had been empty for quite awhile with an eyesore of a shutdown gas station, and this new place opened up VERY quickly. Does S&S have any others, or is this a unique case given the empty corner near there supermarket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 04:09 PM

3,524 posts, read 5,703,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
Anyone see the new Stop & Shop owned gas station in Farmingville on the NE corner of N. Ocean Ave. and Horseblock Rd.? It's right across from the shopping center where S&S supermarket is located. That corner had been empty for quite awhile with an eyesore of a shutdown gas station, and this new place opened up VERY quickly. Does S&S have any others, or is this a unique case given the empty corner near there supermarket?

Only one LI right now. It use to be a Mobil that closed years ago.

I wrote S&S about doing more of this where stores are near or next to existing gas stations

Old 01-01-2014, 05:08 PM

383 posts, read 665,149 times
BJ's should do that with the gas station across from them. I heard gas prices at Stop & Shop weren't that great.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:22 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,807,739 times
who in the world would get gas from a price club? if u enjoy messing up your car then by all means go for it. the price clubs buy the gas that the gas stations wont touch. that should tell u something about the quality or lack of.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:44 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
I saw a S&S gas station in Hyannis a couple of months ago. There was no supermarket anywhere near it.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:09 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
There is a reason that you see a stop n shop gas station and haven't previously. Think about this for a moment...why do you think they (s&s) offered discounts at shell when you shopped with them? The stop n shop gas stations are associated with shell but they are just using their own name. It is a fairly new thing. I was just glad to see that they finally put something there. It was an eyesore as a vacant boarded up lot. A clean building is always better than one that looks like a foreclosure or abandoned building.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:32 PM

3,524 posts, read 5,703,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
who in the world would get gas from a price club? if u enjoy messing up your car then by all means go for it. the price clubs buy the gas that the gas stations wont touch. that should tell u something about the quality or lack of.
87 regular is the same no matter where you get it from. Its the lowlife independents that water it down... but it all comes from the same place. Go look at the terminal in oceanside or holtsville. the trucks for every delivery company are all lined up taking fuel from the same place.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:44 AM

715 posts, read 1,234,181 times
I go to the Stop n Shop gas station. I shop at Stop n Shop often, so I ended up paying $3.25 a gallon the other day (I had 400 points on my card). It's nice. The corner was definitely an eye sore before. I think a lot of people were hoping for a Panera though.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:54 AM

732 posts, read 1,735,105 times
They have a bunch of the gas stations up in New England, but this is their first on LI. Plans are in the works for ones in Medford and Riverhead. They run the gas stations themselves - it's not Shell under a different name.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:48 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,807,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
87 regular is the same no matter where you get it from. Its the lowlife independents that water it down... but it all comes from the same place. Go look at the terminal in oceanside or holtsville. the trucks for every delivery company are all lined up taking fuel from the same place.
No, its not how it works. The price club get the gas no gas station wants. Do u actually think the regular gas you get from mMobil is the same you get from Jose's fill and go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island