Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2014, 04:00 AM

3 posts, read 5,882 times

Advertisements

Hello
I'm new to this...Looking for help and answers. We are in a process of purchasing a new built home (Bellmore NY 11710). It will take 9-12 months to build.
1.How much approximately are taxes (property & school) in Bellmore? Once we move, will we be tax only on the land for the first year or we will be tax on the property?
2. How can I find out what school my children will be enroll in?

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 08:22 AM

89 posts, read 132,965 times
Are you talking about the new homes built at the old army base? Or did you buy a random piece of land in Bellmore?

If you are North of the Sunrise Highway your children will go to Mepham High School. For middle school they will go to Grand Avenue Middle School. There are several elementary schools so it depends where in North Bellmore you live.

If you live South of Sunrise Highway your children will go to John F Kennedy High School. For middle school they will also go to Grand Avenue Middle School. There are also several elementary schools so it depends where in South Bellmore you live.

For tax information, look for a comparable house and go to mynassauproperty.com. This website will tell you information of a comparable house, your home will be similar.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:15 AM

238 posts, read 1,957,402 times
As longislanddesign said, this all depends on where in Bellmore you're talking about; North Bellmore, Bellmore, or South Bellmore. I live in Bellmore proper and I've found that the taxes are very reasonable compared to some of the surrounding towns.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 5,882 times
Curiousgeorge13...
The property is on bellmore avenue (right off sunrise highway...near Arby's). Is it North or South Bellmore ?
Which school is zoned to our property? And how much taxes (school & property) approximately per year ?
Thanks !

Old 11-18-2014, 12:45 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,517,354 times
If it's new construction it will be taxed at 3% of the sale price.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:02 PM

238 posts, read 1,957,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChenAnChulo524 View Post
Curiousgeorge13...
The property is on bellmore avenue (right off sunrise highway...near Arby's). Is it North or South Bellmore ?
Which school is zoned to our property? And how much taxes (school & property) approximately per year ?
Thanks !
As far as I know, if you're right off Sunrise Highway to the North, it's Bellmore proper. If you're to the South of Sunrise it's South Bellmore. Not sure about schools. And as for taxes, it really depends on the house. Obviously if it's a million dollar home the taxes will be far higher than a $400k home.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:56 AM

2,604 posts, read 3,399,038 times
These are important questions you should speak to your lawyer about.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:01 AM

406 posts, read 874,064 times
I couldn't image making such a huge decision without knowing this information in advance. As Deeken said, I would speak to your attorney. Once you find out what school district you are zoned for, you can call up and find out which particular school.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:31 AM

3 posts, read 4,484 times
Buying new construction will have high taxes. Tax accessor office gives best answers. Definetly scarey buying and not knowing taxes but i say 19.5 k plus on taxes as i read forums on the armybase country pointe properties and owners are in limbo of taxes but according to their tax formula looks like 19.5k plus depends on which home theybought. Better to put money ina home than pay for high taxes on a home. You never get your money back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island