Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 05:28 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times

Advertisements

I wasn't able to get an answer yet, and I don't think it's a good idea for me to speculate as to what actually happened. Things move VERY slowly in this company, all anyone has time for is the latest crisis. I will keep at it, and escalate the issue from within if necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 07:00 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
Do you guys have a ticket system or some such?

Old 09-09-2015, 07:59 PM

I haven't been in that department for 23 years, I've little knowledge of what they do these days.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:01 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Thanks I filed the complaint.

Little late in responding but as you know it is free. No problem at all. Keep us posted on any results.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:29 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Yeah I 4th Twingles. This kind of stupid mistake should not go unaccounted for. I would make up some BS story that due to their lack of negligence you suffered several hundred dollars of food spoilage and if they did not compensate you for their mistake you would contact the BBB. That should get their attention.
The BBB? Why should they care about the BBB? The BBB is nothing, powerless, useless - why waste your time talking to the BBB? And what kind of ethics do you have to suggest that someone lie to get compensation when they have had no monetary loss?

Old 09-10-2015, 08:36 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
The BBB? Why should they care about the BBB? The BBB is nothing, powerless, useless - why waste your time talking to the BBB? And what kind of ethics do you have to suggest that someone lie to get compensation when they have had no monetary loss?
There are two things here that do not go together and that is ethics and PSEG. When they were LIPA they were charging Sandy Victims a fortune after they restored service to their homes:
LIPA customers who spent weeks without power due to Sandy get zapped with normal electric bills | New York Post
Sandy Victims Being Hit With Downed Tree Violations, LIPA Fees: Gothamist

These SOB's (PSEG) will take money out of your pocket at any chance possible. They are a conglomerate that has LI residents by the balls and charges us all kinds of BS fees, surcharges and taxes at their bidding. On top of that they raise their rates whenever they feel like it. So you want to preach to me about ethics and this company?

I don't condone people to go out and start stealing form your local supermarket but there are certain companies that flat out lie to customers and steal money right out of their pockets. The cable companies (CV, Timewarner, Verizon) and you cell phone carriers are just a few. Did you ever look at your bill? Take a look at all of those fees and taxes. Almost all of them are made up. And there is nothing you can do about it. Several news channels have had stories about these fees but not much could be done about it, other than switch providers.

So when a company such as PSEG who rape us for their services I say take advantage of them when you can because they take advantage of millions of customers every day.

As far as the BBB, even the threat of that is better than nothing. I've gotten ripped off by several companies and when I mentioned that they would start to work with me. I'm not saying it's going to get you anywhere but its worth a shot.

Old 09-10-2015, 02:05 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
I got a response from NYS service commission that they need more info, I just called but they are closed. I'll call back tomorrow. They also said that someone from PSEGLI will be calling me to discuss the issue. Let's see what happens. Thanks Zen for trying to help out. Maybe you can get a better answer than I did, If not thanks for trying.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:30 PM

A supervisor in the relevant dept told me he had to no record of anything being done at your house. This means the person who did it screwed up badly, or the supervisor screwed up badly, and either way they're trying to pretend it didn't happen. The Public Service Commission complaint will take months, and PSEG will send a letter saying they know nothing, but as a courtesy they'll refund a day or a month's service charge, around $12-$15, I'd guess. Fools. If I were you, I'd send the video to the PSC, that'll shake things up a bit. PSEG knows what date the meter is read, it's printed on the bill on the actual read date, they'll know if someone was supposed to be there or not. Also, there may be GPS in every car in the fleet by now. I hate to supply help against a union brother or sister, but this is general information, not anything specific, which I have NO access to, and you and Hubby are my closest friends, and I'd be furious if I came home to find my power shut off. So would any of those involved, too.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:02 AM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
A supervisor in the relevant dept told me he had to no record of anything being done at your house. This means the person who did it screwed up badly, or the supervisor screwed up badly, and either way they're trying to pretend it didn't happen. The Public Service Commission complaint will take months, and PSEG will send a letter saying they know nothing, but as a courtesy they'll refund a day or a month's service charge, around $12-$15, I'd guess. Fools. If I were you, I'd send the video to the PSC, that'll shake things up a bit. PSEG knows what date the meter is read, it's printed on the bill on the actual read date, they'll know if someone was supposed to be there or not. Also, there may be GPS in every car in the fleet by now. I hate to supply help against a union brother or sister, but this is general information, not anything specific, which I have NO access to, and you and Hubby are my closest friends, and I'd be furious if I came home to find my power shut off. So would any of those involved, too.
Yeah, when I called them they said they never came to my house. I told them my neighbor saw them putting the lock on my meter. They still denied it. If I can figure out how to review my camera video I will.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:37 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
What about a record of the guy coming to turn it back on? They hid that too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island