Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 09:08 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,877,481 times

Advertisements

The majority of those "illegals" you refer to are actually in the United states legally. Yes they are immigrants and yes they are from third world and yes they are ghetto but they are also either citizens or have green cards for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 09:14 AM

5,300 posts, read 4,784,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
The majority of those "illegals" you refer to are actually in the United states legally. Yes they are immigrants and yes they are from third world and yes they are ghetto but they are also either citizens or have green cards for the most part.
Some are of course but your average LPR or USC allowed to work isn't loitering in front of bodegas all day waiting to be picked up for a day labor job. You would be very surprised how many of those in the westbury area are in fact here illegally. Westbury is a well known magnet for illegals, has been for years, as are other places like farmingville, Brentwood, and CI. This is not exactly a secret.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:23 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,505,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
T

Where did interlude even say Latinos (which would include us citizens) He said illegal third world immigrants. Once again trying to make it into a racial thing. Nope murders never involve Illegals. Like the MS13 scum that shot that woman in the head several years back then executed her toddler son. Nah never happens.

I will give you this though, it is of course silly to blame all crimes in westbury on illegals, but some certainly do their share. Do you really believe everyone illegally crossing the border and dirt poor is a model human being? If you do then you are hopelessly naive.
I mentioned Latinos because I've discussed this with Interlude before and he actually did attack Latinos specifically

And I think that MS13 guy was born in the US

Old 10-25-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
That's not true, being poor does not make you ghetto

And can we stop using the term "Third World"? It's misused to an extent and quite outdated. Plus, the level of which a country is developed is more complex than "first world" or "third world".

Old 10-25-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I mentioned Latinos because I've discussed this with Interlude before and he actually did attack Latinos specifically

He was not, born in El Sal and had TPS came here illegally as did all but one of his compatriots.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
That's not true, being poor does not make you ghetto

And can we stop using the term "Third World"? It's misused to an extent and quite outdated. Plus, the level of which a country is developed is more complex than "first world" or "third world".
Why? It is a simple term to describe very poor underdeveloped countries. So that's racist now? What language would the political correct police like to ban next??

Old 10-25-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Why? It is a simple term to describe very poor underdeveloped countries. So that's racist now? What language would the political correct police like to ban next??
I wasn't even saying that to be PC and I never claimed it was racist, it's just that it's really not the best term to use. It's outdated cold war terminology and it wasn't meant to be a synonym for "developing country".

Old 10-25-2015, 10:36 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,877,481 times
Quote:
Some are of course but your average LPR or USC allowed to work isn't loitering in front of bodegas all day waiting to be picked up for a day labor job. You would be very surprised how many of those in the westbury area are in fact here illegally. Westbury is a well known magnet for illegals, has been for years, as are other places like farmingville, Brentwood, and CI. This is not exactly a secret.
The great majority of low wage laborers who have done services for me were in the U.S. legally. They live in places like Peekskill and Yonkers which are not different from the LI neighborhoods you mentioned. If you see them, their behavior and their living conditions, you cannot tell the difference with the Latinos, Asians etc. in Queens. Why would they settle for low pay day laborer jobs like cleaning ladies, delivery men, carwashing etc.? Language for one. Even with papers, they come to the US not entirely fluent with reading and writing in English. There is also the bias of traditional employers against those educated outside the US.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
The great majority of low wage laborers who have done services for me were in the U.S. legally. They live in places like Peekskill and Yonkers which are not different from the LI neighborhoods you mentioned. If you see them, their behavior and their living conditions, you cannot tell the difference with the Latinos, Asians etc. in Queens. Why would they settle for low pay day laborer jobs like cleaning ladies, delivery men, carwashing etc.? Language for one. Even with papers, they come to the US not entirely fluent with reading and writing in English. There is also the bias of traditional employers against those educated outside the US.
So you checked the immigration status of ALL those doing low wage labor for you to collect this purely anecdotal evidence?

Old 10-25-2015, 10:48 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,228,391 times
Quote:

MS13 began in LA and then exploded in the CA prison system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island