Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 10:45 AM

10 posts, read 10,883 times

Advertisements

Im currently finishing my first year in Berkeley College where they offer Business, Law, I.T and Medicine.
I am a straight A student with a GPA avg of 3.8.

I have previously taken some I.T classes and was not to fond of it, and Law was just not for me and after doing some research, Law degrees are weighing out to be not as worthy as they once were.

I use to be a Personal Trainer with a large physique( People had recommended to me to become a police officer ) I am currently also working for TD bank as a Head Teller and am number in sales for the first year in the entire region.
I love selling, I love a rewarding career, i love meeting people, i love more than anything helping others, and im a huge family man.

By any chance can anyone tell me some of the top occupations in NYC that would be well fitting to my personal background and my educational background. Thank you and it is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 11:51 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,560,889 times
Based on your description, Pharmacy/Medical equipment sales rep sounds like a perfect job for you. And these guys/gals can make serious dough. As a doctor, I deal with them on a constant basis.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:00 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,924,679 times
These jobs tend to pay excellent:

Doctors
Nurse Practitioners/Physicians Assistants
CPA's
CFA's
Engineers
IT careers

IF you have the connections then public school teachers and cops also make great money. You too have the ability to pillage Long Island for everything its worth!

Old 06-06-2017, 12:16 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,807,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post

IF you have the connections then public school teachers and cops also make great money. You too have the ability to pillage Long Island for everything its worth!
True. Cops on LI make up to $300K and we have 127 school superintendents making up to mid-six figures. Gym teachers rake in $150K, janitors $100K+ and appointed political hacks rake in six figure salaries easily.

Public sector pillage is where it's at on LI. Follow the scent of money, and you will see it leads to the taxpayer booty.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:40 PM

10 posts, read 10,883 times
As of right now im majoring in Marketing and am enrolled in a accelerated program to achieve a Masters in Marketing degree. Is that degree worth it as far as career options go? or maybe i should start to apply for the upcoming state trooper exam, or maybe dip my feet into the medicine field and see how that goes, but then again i don't want to waste any more time

Old 06-06-2017, 01:49 PM

8,735 posts, read 11,150,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
These jobs tend to pay excellent:

Doctors
Nurse Practitioners/Physicians Assistants
CPA's
CFA's
Engineers
IT careers

List isn't really sales. I recommend sales related. The very top sales people rakes some serious dough in almost any field. Easy to get in most sales, hard to stay at the very top.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:34 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,426,820 times
City-data.com moderators.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:23 PM

20,323 posts, read 21,116,243 times
Cops, teachers, and politicians.
Everything else is chump change.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:33 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,807,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Cops, teachers, and politicians.
Everything else is chump change.
We forgot to include LIRR ticket punchers. They make over $100K to walk down the aisles and punch little holes in paper tickets.

Karl is right, and we're not being snarky (much). Public sector jobs is where the real LI money is, and everything else is chump change.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:21 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,234,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekeniko View Post
True. Cops on LI make up to $300K
No they don't. Prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island