Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 02:52 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,329,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifseemab View Post
I have to live near an international airport.
I don't need to go to NYC at all.
If not working, spending time with kids in outdoor activities. Love nature. Long walks in trails.
No religious or cultural requirements. No bars & nightlife requirements.
I want to live in house.
Budget is around or less than $1m house.
Got two sons. One just started school.

Coming to Middle East. I don't like crowd place. My job work requires absence of all sort of noises (interacting with less or no persons is ideal situation). So i need a quiet place.

Another option is Hopkinton, MA (suburb of Boston).

What do you say now? I am open to any other option too as long as it fits above criteria.
Dix Hills you will get a nice house on 1-2 acres of land, There are no shopping centers all houses, everything is spreadout. Can still get to the airport w/o to much trouble. Forget Nassau county, you need to be in Suffolk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 03:31 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
If not working, spending time with kids in outdoor activities. Love nature. Long walks in trails.
No religious or cultural requirements. No bars & nightlife requirements.
I want to live in house not apartment.
Budget is around or less than $1m house.
Got two sons. One just started school. High rated schools is a MUST for me.

Coming from Middle East. I don't like crowd place. My job work requires absence of all sort of noises (interacting with less or no persons is ideal situation). So i need a quiet place.

Another option is Hopkinton, MA (suburb of Boston).

What do you say now? I am open to any other option too as long as it fits above criteria.
Definitely Suffolk County. Huntington area would fit most needs but you would be dealing with congestion and traffic. East Quogue, Quogue Westhampton, Westhampton Beach, Speonk and Remsenburg would fit your needs if your trips from JFK are not too frequent. Even then you can take the LIRR to Jamaica and the AirTrain to your terminal.

Very good schools in the area, all of which use Westhampton Beach for high school, which is quiet in the winter and still less congested than most of Long Island in the summer. Beautiful beaches, plenty of open space, golf, horses and places to commune with nature. Taxes are less expensive than most of Long Island.,

Old 03-20-2020, 04:50 PM

226 posts, read 129,117 times
Quote:
If this is the case, then what led you to consider Long Island? I agree with manekeniko: "It's a high cost, low value, crowded place and you have so much choice when not tied to a local employer."

Of course, if I agree with that, then why did I move here? Long story short, it was almost impossible for me to find anyone to date in my previous location. I went on more dates in 3 months after moving here than I did in all the years I lived in my old spot. It is far more expensive to live here, but let's just say, there are some things you can't put a $$$ tag on.

But you have a family of your own. You don't need to go to NYC at all, which is one of the main "perks" of living on Long Island. Yes, it is easy for us to get to JFK, but JFK isn't the only international airport in the US.

Me personally, if I were able to work from home, had to live near an "international airport," didn't need to go to NYC at all, loved the outdoors, and cared about highly rated schools, I'd move to the Raleigh-Durham-Cary Triangle area in a heartbeat.

Old 03-20-2020, 05:19 PM

456 posts, read 1,122,586 times
Jericho, Cold Spring Harbor, Roslyn, Garden City, Woodbury, Brookville, Upper Brookville, Muttontown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island