Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 10:24 PM

11,667 posts, read 12,788,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
No, the allergies are around..... I take my allergy meds and I am fine after.
No, I was agreeing with whomever said that allergies got an early start this year. Disagreed with our forum doctor who said that allergy season did not start yet. I definitely experienced allergies earlier this year because of the warm winter. I went to an ENT (clogged ears) in late February and he agreed with me that allergy season came early this year. I don't usually get this type of allergy (tree pollen) until around now, mid-March. Coincidentally, I caught something tonight on the local news (ABC) about how the warm winter resulted in an early start to allergy season and there's currently lots of pollen flying around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 11:14 PM

6,388 posts, read 13,201,323 times
Coworkers, family and myself had the same exact thing 2nd week of February. I have no doubt it was coronavirus. Every single symptom matches. Some had it for a few days some for over a week!
I’m sure it was here sooner than they think. How would you know if they were not testing for it?!?

Think about it China has this crap since beginning of November and their people were flying all over the place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
Many people who get it don't even show symptoms. Some symptoms are widely different. Incubation period is 2 weeks.

I started showing symptoms on day 3 of my stay in Florida. When I returned up here and went thru two airports again, I got hammered. My wife got sick too but different symptoms.

What if the massive flu like outbreak in Jan was a corona strain but we just weren't testing for it. So normal flu related deaths didn't get any attention. Then the global outbreak. Start testing. More and more who are sick get tested. Numbers naturally start climbing.

In Jan far more people were sick with throat/sinus/lung problems than I can ever remember. Falls in line with corona, most get thru it, only a small % require hospitalization.

Old 03-27-2020, 06:37 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,955,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
Damn.

Hicksville numbers have shot thru the roof.
Unfortunately true. One of the other areas that got slammed is the Woodmere area. If you look at the link in the OP, the map identifies '2' positives as of March 18. The map, as of March 25, indicates '170' positive tests.

Old 03-27-2020, 02:21 PM

155 posts, read 101,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Unfortunately true. One of the other areas that got slammed is the Woodmere area. If you look at the link in the OP, the map identifies '2' positives as of March 18. The map, as of March 25, indicates '170' positive tests.
TRUTHFUL BUT NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT. To fight this kind of problem you have to be objective in your analysis and neutral in your voice.
Delusion will kill you in a crisis.

The neighborhood in question has a very insular Hasidic community. One Hasidic religious group in Brooklyn was giving out free food, so much for distancing

Religion was vector for this disease can be found in KOREA, its just a different religion

Sans religion; ethnicity, race, immigration status, and country of origin are all vectors.

Last edited by Oldandtireddad; 03-27-2020 at 03:45 PM..

Old 03-27-2020, 03:45 PM

Very sick brother in law in rich li neighborhood with all the symptoms REFUSED testing

Old 03-27-2020, 07:13 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,937,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Coworkers, family and myself had the same exact thing 2nd week of February. I have no doubt it was coronavirus. Every single symptom matches. Some had it for a few days some for over a week!
I’m sure it was here sooner than they think. How would you know if they were not testing for it?!?

Think about it China has this crap since beginning of November and their people were flying all over the place!
In the US alone, there have been ~54 million illnesses and up to 62k deaths due to the regular flu since Oct. 2019 till now. 80k deaths in 2018. Consistent numbers year over year.

In contrast, Covid-19 has 100k illnesses and 1.6k deaths so far. Why would you assume it was Covid-19 so assuredly?

Old 03-27-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
In the US alone, there have been ~54 million illnesses and up to 62k deaths due to the regular flu since Oct. 2019 till now. 80k deaths in 2018. Consistent numbers year over year.

In contrast, Covid-19 has 100k illnesses and 1.6k deaths so far. Why would you assume it was Covid-19 so assuredly?
Sorry this is not the FLU! What we are experiencing has some analog to the flu in 1918; this is something far more communicable and far more deadly.

I suggest you reach out to a hospital NURSE in your network of friends and family. After I did this I was terrified.

1) People were dropping dead from asphyxiation before they were reaching the hospital; drowning from the inside out
2) The hospital has no supplies
3) The virus spreads incredibly
4) folks are turned away from treatment and testing
5) According to the nurse I spoke to the numbers are not being reported

Four countries have shuddered their economies. Leaders are grappling between an economic depression or doing what is needed to be done to address this problem.
Everything you have been told to date has been communicated to keep you calm. The intentional miscommunication has created a different problem it has caused denial to become codified.
The first watchword of denial is its just the flu (you were told that early on remember!) so you are repeating that nonsense. The second problem is that its a binary choice; destroy your economy or defeat the disease. The third problem is leadership in vacillation which is trying to ride a line between two bad choices. As a leader, I don't know if I would pick the survival of the economy or the death of lots of people. The end result is not mutually exclusive; you can kill the economy now to save as many people as you can and then kill people because you have no economy. Or you can kill lots of people now to save the economy and find that the economy dies from that direction. Taking the hit now tends to be my preference over choosing a festering outcome. That requires insight into what the "hit" will likely be. Us Citizen-pawns don't have the information that our "leadership" has access to so its their call. Smart people realize that something is not Kosher in Denmark and that leads to speculation about what is possible and probable. I noticed that many educated-idiots start by looking at the numbers from John Hopkins few realize that those numbers are meaningless for a variety of reasons.

You cannot effect the decisions that are made for you by government(s) and institutions (media, banks et al) you can and should take personal responsibility for yourself - distancing, gloves, mask, wash your hands, contact with surfaces outside your house, and intake your supplies so they are cleaned before they enter your home. You should start to make responsible financial decisions and that might be renegotiating when you can (don't pay your mortgage), most of the people that bought a house in this county had those decisions taken away from them in the form of debt, credit, leverage, student loans, car loans, mortgages, overpaying for everything, and all the other tripe that other people profit from.

Baldfaced Lies so far
It is just the Flu
N95 Masks, you don't need them
You are going to be Back to work by x date
Everything will be the same
V shaped recovery..
Fed stimulus and a $1200 check will fix everything
Not that I know what the truth is. The Nurse I spoke to spelled out what she was going through. Terrified.

If you need a good source of perspective check out shark tanks Mr. Wonderful on youtube.

Last edited by Oldandtireddad; 03-27-2020 at 08:48 PM..

Old 03-27-2020, 09:55 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,780,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldandtireddad View Post
Sorry this is not the FLU! What we are experiencing has some analog to the flu in 1918; this is something far more communicable and far more deadly.

I suggest you reach out to a hospital NURSE in your network of friends and family. After I did this I was terrified.

1) People were dropping dead from asphyxiation before they were reaching the hospital; drowning from the inside out
2) The hospital has no supplies
3) The virus spreads incredibly
4) folks are turned away from treatment and testing
5) According to the nurse I spoke to the numbers are not being reported

Four countries have shuddered their economies. Leaders are grappling between an economic depression or doing what is needed to be done to address this problem.
Everything you have been told to date has been communicated to keep you calm. The intentional miscommunication has created a different problem it has caused denial to become codified.
The first watchword of denial is its just the flu (you were told that early on remember!) so you are repeating that nonsense. The second problem is that its a binary choice; destroy your economy or defeat the disease. The third problem is leadership in vacillation which is trying to ride a line between two bad choices. As a leader, I don't know if I would pick the survival of the economy or the death of lots of people. The end result is not mutually exclusive; you can kill the economy now to save as many people as you can and then kill people because you have no economy. Or you can kill lots of people now to save the economy and find that the economy dies from that direction. Taking the hit now tends to be my preference over choosing a festering outcome. That requires insight into what the "hit" will likely be. Us Citizen-pawns don't have the information that our "leadership" has access to so its their call. Smart people realize that something is not Kosher in Denmark and that leads to speculation about what is possible and probable. I noticed that many educated-idiots start by looking at the numbers from John Hopkins few realize that those numbers are meaningless for a variety of reasons.

You cannot effect the decisions that are made for you by government(s) and institutions (media, banks et al) you can and should take personal responsibility for yourself - distancing, gloves, mask, wash your hands, contact with surfaces outside your house, and intake your supplies so they are cleaned before they enter your home. You should start to make responsible financial decisions and that might be renegotiating when you can (don't pay your mortgage), most of the people that bought a house in this county had those decisions taken away from them in the form of debt, credit, leverage, student loans, car loans, mortgages, overpaying for everything, and all the other tripe that other people profit from.

Baldfaced Lies so far
It is just the Flu
N95 Masks, you don't need them
You are going to be Back to work by x date
Everything will be the same
V shaped recovery..
Fed stimulus and a $1200 check will fix everything
Not that I know what the truth is. The Nurse I spoke to spelled out what she was going through. Terrified.

If you need a good source of perspective check out shark tanks Mr. Wonderful on youtube.
Exactly. If the government says "we have this under control" they don't.

Old 03-28-2020, 12:07 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,937,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldandtireddad View Post
Sorry this is not the FLU! What we are experiencing has some analog to the flu in 1918; this is something far more communicable and far more deadly..
Holy firetruck man, nowhere did I call Covid-19 "just the flu". You clearly didn't understand my point or you just really love hearing yourself talk...

Old 03-28-2020, 01:44 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,955,561 times
NASSAU COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH COVID-19 POSITIVE TESTS*

MARCH 27, 2020
DATA ENDING 5:00 PM

https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/Docum...3-27-PM?bidId=
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island