Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 06:33 AM

19 posts, read 18,515 times

Advertisements

Hi, all
for town of north hempstead, is it legal to park a 18-wheeler on residential street overnight ??
there's a new neighbor just moved in recently, and he started parking the big truck from 9pm till 5am once or twice a week. tried calling 311 and it routed to NYC instead, maybe because i keep my old phone# which from brooklyn. tried calling the nassau 311 but they were closed.
any suggestion will be greatly appreciated !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2022, 06:37 AM

1,213 posts, read 567,205 times
Probably not. Call the town direct.
But try to be a good neighbor. Poor bastard probably busts his ass working.
Driving a truck is a tough gig.

Old 06-24-2022, 06:48 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Like Richard Starkey said, I would first attempt to speak to him, like you he may not know it is legal/illegal and nothing beats a nice neighbor.

Old 06-24-2022, 06:49 AM

19 posts, read 18,515 times
it's a nice neighborhood and i think a 18-wheeler doesn't belong there, we all work hard and want to keep our property nice and clean, big truck like that destroys road and there's always a chance he will hit one of the park car

Old 06-24-2022, 06:55 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by star112 View Post
it's a nice neighborhood and i think a 18-wheeler doesn't belong there, we all work hard and want to keep our property nice and clean, big truck like that destroys road and there's always a chance he will hit one of the park car
Ok let me try to approach this differently. Nice neighborhood or not, reverse the situation. How would you react if you neighbor went to the town on you without talking to you. Why make trouble? Clearly you don't know. so why assume he does? But, you seem to be looking to make an enemy, and there is nothing worse than having a bad neighbor - they can legally make your life miserable by doing things that are not to your liking but not a violation of law.

Old 06-24-2022, 10:57 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times
I’ll play devil’s advocate here. Why even approach the neighbor about this and start a feud? What happens if they guy or gal is a nut case? I would simply let the town deal with it in private. The neighbor won’t know who called and then it will be over with.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:16 PM

1,213 posts, read 567,205 times
“Welcome to Karenville” I know you worked 3 weeks straight on the road sleeping in your truck, fighting traffic and living off convenience store food and will only be home for 4 days before you hit the road again, but you can’t park that truck here.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:53 AM

655 posts, read 1,059,850 times
Parking of commercial vehicles on TONH streets is not allowed between 10p.m. to 6 a.m.

Do not approach the neighbor. Them not knowing it is illegal isn't a good enough excuse and the message that it is illegal hits harder when it comes from the TONH or the cops.

The next time that the vehicle is parked overnight, call your local precinct and let them know that you have a non-emergency parking issue. They will often come out and issue a citation before the town and if the neighbor didn't know, now they do. The town will then intervene further if they continue to park there and can piggyback off the police citation to get this issue rectified.

Folks will call you a Karen, but if you allow one, then 2, then 4, etc.

Old 06-25-2022, 02:40 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,354,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
“Welcome to Karenville” I know you worked 3 weeks straight on the road sleeping in your truck, fighting traffic and living off convenience store food and will only be home for 4 days before you hit the road again, but you can’t park that truck here.
It doesn’t matter how long or hard the guy worked. It doesn’t give him the right to park and 18 wheeler on a residential street. Who the hell wants to look at that? Might as well pick up and move to Maspeth. The truck driver is being inconsiderate to even think everyone is ok with his huge truck parked on their nice street. Stop pacifiying the inconsiderate people and blaming the ones who abide by the town codes

Old 06-25-2022, 03:35 PM

783 posts, read 1,422,272 times
Ever watch "Fear Thy Neighbor" on the ID channel. That's how it starts. Call the town, remain anonymous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: