Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 PM

69 posts, read 241,326 times

Advertisements

I'm kind of excited I found this site because I'm trying to find out if there are any pizza places in Suffolk that have Sesame Crust Pizza. I grew up East Meadow and pretty much lived off Pietro's. After living in Florida for a few years (I won't even talk about that pizza nightmare), I moved back to the Island but now live in Ronkonkoma...

I make it a point to try a slice and every restaraunt I come across, but I have yet to find a single place out here with sesame crust. I find it odd because it's not like we're in a different state... what the hell man!

I saw the monster thread on best pizza places, but figured this was specific enough for it's own thread. There has to be one somewhere... I'm especially hoping for a place in Ronk/Holbrook/Nesconset area but I'll take what I can get.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 06:45 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,829 times
Where's crooks or anyone else from sound beach? Didn't that place in town with the big tomato have sesame crust??

Old 04-07-2009, 06:54 PM

183 posts, read 618,998 times
I want to see the answer too!

Where I work in Soho there is some awesome pizza but very local stuff rocks!

Old 04-07-2009, 07:21 PM

I think it's insane how different the pizza is between the counties. I really don't get it. There has to be some entrapanuer who cross the lines into Suffolk, lol...

Old 04-07-2009, 07:33 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,408,508 times
well its not sesame crust, but the pizza at mommas in cntereach is great, the bottom of the pie has some sort of crunchies that makes the crust really crunchy and delicious.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
well its not sesame crust, but the pizza at mommas in cntereach is great, the bottom of the pie has some sort of crunchies that makes the crust really crunchy and delicious.
That's funny--that's the exact place I was gonna mention in my post as probably the best pizza I've found out here... They have a garlic-knot crust too, it's ridiculous. I found out they were the same mama's as the one in Holbrook on Main St. and I got all excited. Did't eat anything from lunch on in anticipation... then I got there only to learn that they stop doing slices at five because it becomes more of a sit-down place.

Damn it!! They're much closer then driving up to centereach so I was psyched. It's not sesame crust but it's still damn good. Oh well.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:59 PM

327 posts, read 1,063,772 times
Im pretty sure Renzo's in East Islip serves it.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:35 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIguy257 View Post
I'm kind of excited I found this site because I'm trying to find out if there are any pizza places in Suffolk that have Sesame Crust Pizza. I grew up East Meadow and pretty much lived off Pietro's. After living in Florida for a few years (I won't even talk about that pizza nightmare), I moved back to the Island but now live in Ronkonkoma...

I make it a point to try a slice and every restaraunt I come across, but I have yet to find a single place out here with sesame crust. I find it odd because it's not like we're in a different state... what the hell man!

I saw the monster thread on best pizza places, but figured this was specific enough for it's own thread. There has to be one somewhere... I'm especially hoping for a place in Ronk/Holbrook/Nesconset area but I'll take what I can get.

Thanks!
MY old HS boyfriend worked at Pietro's. Oh how I loved the sesame seed crust! I have yet to find someone in my 21 years in Suffolk who makes a sesame seed crust. I've tried along the north shore and central LI, down through Bayshore, the Islips and Babylon.

I've even offered to BUY and supply my local guy with sesame seeds! I told him that if it's a hit, I'd be happy with one free sesame seed crust pie. LOL

Old 04-07-2009, 11:16 PM

732 posts, read 1,735,236 times
Bucci's on 101 in East Patchogue across from the new Lowes. I'm not sure, but I believe Papa Nick's on South Country Road in Bellport Village and Milano Pizza in the Bellport Outlet Center in Bellport have it too.

Papa Nick's is the best of those three by far, though.

Last edited by RoleModel; 04-07-2009 at 11:26 PM..

Old 04-07-2009, 11:40 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
I wish they were closer. If I find myself over that way, I will check them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island