Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 07:16 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

They are just realizing now that many massage parlor are fronts for prostitution ?

I'm sure they'd find a lot of illegal aliens working in them too...but in this sanctuary state we don't care about immigration status
---
Concerned that a number of Los Angeles County’s massage parlors are nothing more than fronts for illicit sex trade and illegal-labor trafficking, the Board of Supervisors voted unanimously Tuesday to craft an ordinance that requires annual health and safety inspections of such establishments.

Hahn said such inspections would help stem sex and labor abuse, especially within immigrant communities where more people are likely to be exploited.

“I want to bring this forward because it’s been increasingly clear to me some of the massage parlors have been safe havens for sex trafficking and human trafficking,” Hahn said.”They offer massages as low as $15. Something doesn’t add up.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 09:40 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Exploitation is the name of the game for Democrats.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:23 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Waiting for the Asian illegal alien lobby to speak out against these inspections...

Old 11-22-2017, 12:35 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Hahn said such inspections would help stem sex and labor abuse, especially within immigrant communities where more people are likely to be exploited.

“I want to bring this forward because it’s been increasingly clear to me some of the massage parlors have been safe havens for sex trafficking and human trafficking,” Hahn said.”They offer massages as low as $15. Something doesn’t add up.”
Translation: My husband may consider going to one of these places, so that's a no-no on that since it's easier than cutting off his penis and then doing prison time.

Old 11-22-2017, 02:42 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Well they made illegal street vending legal so just make the massage (read: prostitution) parlors legal. After you eat meat from someone grilling in a shopping cart on the sidewalk, you can go contract a Vietnamese strain of syphilis from an underage sex slave. #GivingtherubdownsthatAmericansdon'twanttogive.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:33 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Well they made illegal street vending legal so just make the massage (read: prostitution) parlors legal. After you eat meat from someone grilling in a shopping cart on the sidewalk, you can go contract a Vietnamese strain of syphilis from an underage sex slave. #GivingtherubdownsthatAmericansdon'twanttogive.
It's multiculturalism .... and diversity !
Now one can experience things that before were only possible traveling to third world countries .
Right here in America !

Old 11-22-2017, 08:20 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
There goes my Friday nights!

Old 11-22-2017, 08:35 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,430,503 times
I don't understand this--everyone's post is pretty strongly negative, but this is a news article about cracking down on potential havens for sex trafficking? Is everyone here pro-sex trafficking or something?

Old 11-22-2017, 09:11 AM

206 posts, read 154,442 times
I, for one, agree with a crack down on these massage parlors.

They are frickin everywhere! And some of the people in them are FORCED to work there. They don't want to touch your pee pee. They want to be at a real job where they can help themselves and their family.

They are also a vector for disease.

For a very long time I wondered why these places have been open for so long, which politician is getting a cut from the profit?

Also, I heard some of these places have obviously under age girls. That right there, is a huge deal.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:57 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,048,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
What?? Street vendors can sell prepared food to the public without a health permit or any health inspections? I hope I'm hearing this wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles