Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2014, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,313 times

Advertisements

I am a 25 year old white male moving from the crime ridden city of Vallejo, CA to the San Fernando Valley to attend CSU Northridge. I would like some recommendations on areas to look for apartments in the $1200 or under range. (Ideally under)

I obviously want to avoid crime ridden areas and areas where there are lots of people on government "assistance". In addition I would feel most comfortable with living around others of my own demographic.

Thank you all in advance for your valued input.

Last edited by Count David; 05-07-2014 at 06:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 06:25 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,565,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmOldGregg View Post
Derp. You are correct sir I posted in the wrong thread. (Tired from work sry)
I'd post is as "Where in the Valley to live if going to CSU Northridge." And the answer is Northridge! It's a great area and the college vibe is building there. More things are catering to the increasingly residential campus (new apartments on campus look very nice and a huge new student housing project is going up). Apartments around the campus are not too bad either and Northridge is one of the more affordable nonghetto areas of the valley. North and West of Campus are more suburban and quiet with great parks. South is closer to the Ventura Blvd. area with more upscale but crowded stuff. East is good for about a mile before getting into North Hills which is not too good.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:39 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
I'd post is as "Where in the Valley to live if going to CSU Northridge." And the answer is Northridge! It's a great area and the college vibe is building there. More things are catering to the increasingly residential campus (new apartments on campus look very nice and a huge new student housing project is going up). Apartments around the campus are not too bad either and Northridge is one of the more affordable nonghetto areas of the valley. North and West of Campus are more suburban and quiet with great parks. South is closer to the Ventura Blvd. area with more upscale but crowded stuff. East is good for about a mile before getting into North Hills which is not too good.

TTT knows of what he speaks.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:15 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,565,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
TTT knows of what he speaks.
Well thank you! I go to CSUN :-P I chose it over the other cal states in LA area for proximity to the junk I love and good programs.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:56 PM

223 posts, read 470,831 times
I'm from the v, a, l, l, e, j, o. H, I, double l, sidddddeeee-o.

You an old school e-40 fan? The city of Vallejo has produced some of the best underground rap music ever made.

E40, b legit, Mac dre, Mac mall, celly cell, and so on.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:30 PM

59 posts, read 103,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
I'd post is as "Where in the Valley to live if going to CSU Northridge." And the answer is Northridge! It's a great area and the college vibe is building there. More things are catering to the increasingly residential campus (new apartments on campus look very nice and a huge new student housing project is going up). Apartments around the campus are not too bad either and Northridge is one of the more affordable nonghetto areas of the valley.
^ This.

'Nuff said.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:04 PM

23,544 posts, read 24,041,250 times
Recommend: Northridge, Woodland Hills

Avoid: Van Nuys, Pacoima, parts of North Hollywood and Reseda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles