Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 03:54 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,501,407 times

Advertisements

I usually would post this in Chowhound ..but they redesigned their site and now it sucks.

I'm looking for a venue somewhere near Granada Hills for about 40 people for a wedding rehearsal dinner.
It'll be for a weeknight so it's a little tricky especially in that part of the valley.

I'm thinking the best bet might be something like a larger venue like Maggiano's in Woodland Hills area. I know they have a lot of space and private room and I'm thinking the portions are big enough and can be shared.
I'm thinking that it would probably best to just place an order for multiple things rather than letting everyone order. Seems like that could save money and time.

Any suggestions would be great and appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 03:57 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,640,804 times
That's probably best. There might be something more convenient near northridge mall. And it's been ages since I ate there but there is(or used to be) a restaurant at van nuys airport that was ok and probably does a good job at accommodating groups.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
That's probably best. There might be something more convenient near northridge mall. And it's been ages since I ate there but there is(or used to be) a restaurant at van nuys airport that was ok and probably does a good job at accommodating groups.
Yeah ..that's what i'm thinking too. I know there are some event center places that also do weddings..but didn't want it to be like a wedding venue.

Maybe
94th Aero Squadron Restaurant is the one you are thinking of?

Old 09-13-2015, 08:13 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,064,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Maybe
94th Aero Squadron Restaurant is the one you are thinking of?
That one, yes.

Also Odyssey up in the hills?

There are many places comparable to Maggiano's that are at the mall on Tampa. Bonefish, Yard House, etc.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
That one, yes.

Also Odyssey up in the hills?

There are many places comparable to Maggiano's that are at the mall on Tampa. Bonefish, Yard House, etc.
Yeah , thank you. Did speak to Yardhouse..but they weren't willing to seat until 10pm..way too late. Was thinking bonefish too it's pretty nice.

I was thinking it would be easiests and maybe most cost effective to have a certain number of dishes served rather than letting people pick off the menu. I could see it taking a long time to have everyone order and stuff...and people might over order also .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles