Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 05:46 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,412,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I'm Looking for an Alternative to KCAL News
Sounds to me like you really arent looking for other news options. You seem to want to politicize this. Just go watch Fox News, read your Breitbart, follow your Milo, and lick up whatever Alex Jones is sprouting.

I am a lifelong republican and I cannot believe at just how stupid, close minded, and brainwashed todays so-called republican public has become. Sad.

You dont like kcal, turn to channel 5 or channel 7 or knbc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 10:16 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,152,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Cancel cable. Profit.
KCal is a local OTA channel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
Fox 11
For a Trumpette? You trying to give the dude a heart attack?

Old 02-10-2017, 02:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I have simply HAD IT with KCAL news. Not long ago, they were a good source of local news. Now, however, they've changed their format to a mix of local news as well as national, and all the national news is strongly biased against President Donald J. Trump and conservatives in general.

And this sort of bias has been going on for at least a month. Enough.

Oh, and get this, just this moment the two talking heads are smiling as they talk about Cuckcetti's endorsement by Obama. Seriously? When do they do the story about Eric's illegal campaign donations that were a quid pro quo from a developer? No, I guess there's no time for that because the script is full of Trump bashing.

Well, I've had it. Done. Buh-bye, KCAL. Nobody else is doing news at this hour, but I'd rather wait for the 10 O'clock news than watch this tripe.

Oh, and now Elizabeth Warren is a victim? What the hell am I watching? What the hell happened to KCAL news? Why are they showing this? Good grief. Well, I'm done. Forget you, KCAL "news".

know exactly how you feel: Our 2 local 5 and 7 o'clock channels are affiliated with NBC and CBS. They have become more national than local and somewhat slanted even though her in NWA the climate is very conservative. to us local news means news in our area and our state, not what is happening in DC or Oregan or even other southern states.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Sounds to me like you really arent looking for other news options. You seem to want to politicize this. Just go watch Fox News, read your Breitbart, follow your Milo, and lick up whatever Alex Jones is sprouting.

I am a lifelong republican and I cannot believe at just how stupid, close minded, and brainwashed todays so-called republican public has become. Sad.

holy cow: it is networks like KNBC the op is trying to get away from. too bad people have to start calling others names like stupid and close minded. You certainly do not appear to be a life long Republican. I am not a Trump lover, but am a Republican and I understand exactly what the op is saying.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:28 AM

1,122 posts, read 960,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Turn on John and Ken on the radio. So much fun listening and actual news at times.

John and Ken are great. I listen to them. I do listen to Bill Handel KFI 640 in the morning and he is not always to the left or bashing that much. I do understand as I am a Republican and yes, I am a Deplorable. I am tired of the bashing.

If you guys have not heard yet - there is a retired Marine who had to leave Iraq for safety reason. His name is Steve Gern. Look him up online and listen to what he has to say. Came out with a video - posted it to Facebook. Interesting.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:38 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,447,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post

Only problem is that Trump has been caught spouting lies and half-truths on numerous occasions and his administration has been pushing "alternative facts". Looks like the new GOP is trying to weave an alternate version of reality through Fox News, Breitbart, AM talk radio, and now with the help of Russia and Eastern Europe, Facebook!!! The latter is making Reagan roll in his grave.

The OP should definitely change the channel to 5 or 7! I thought these people believed in free markets? If broadcast TV is too "biased" maybe you should subscribe to cable TV for Fox News or go on the internet to sites like Breitbart and RT for news.

BTW the local AM "news" station here in Houston only has news for 5 minutes after the top of each hour by a local newsreader reading a few headlines from the AP feed and then traffic and weather. Then for the next 55 minutes, it's a conservative talk show or a second/third hour continuation of it.

Talk about false advertising! People think the entire hour is news but it's really the first 5 minutes of the hour and end up brainwashed with opinion masquerading as news. I wish we could support an actual all-news station like KNX here! (I was pleasantly surprised to hear Bonnie Petrie on KNX during my visit last month after her two long stints in Houston.)

Old 02-12-2017, 09:05 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,972,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
know exactly how you feel: Our 2 local 5 and 7 o'clock channels are affiliated with NBC and CBS. They have become more national than local and somewhat slanted even though her in NWA the climate is very conservative. to us local news means news in our area and our state, not what is happening in DC or Oregan or even other southern states.
That MSM propoganda is in full force now. It's getting kind of scary really. They cover stories like ICE carrying out existing orders from the Obama administration if this is the start of Trump deporting EVERY illegal. Loc news should not have bias and the anchors should not show emotion when covering Trump like they have been.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:18 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,972,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Only problem is that Trump has been caught spouting lies and half-truths on numerous occasions and his administration has been pushing "alternative facts". Looks like the new GOP is trying to weave an alternate version of reality through Fox News, Breitbart, AM talk radio, and now with the help of Russia and Eastern Europe, Facebook!!! The latter is making Reagan roll in his grave.
The actual and real problem is the MSM being so biased. I consider myself a liberal at heart but this election was the first where I watched Fox News regularly. Why? Because my usual sources such as MSNBC, HuffPo, CNN, and Verge continued to lie to me and it ramped up so much after the conventions. I would watch and read stories and say "thats not what he said/happened..I just watched the entire rally on your station an hour ago".

You want to talk about Facebook? Are you aware of how much censoring Facebook and Twitter did during the GE? How they both supresed pro Trump hashtags and articles. .. How the media worked with the Clinton campaign during the primaries screwing over Bernie and eventually people who supported him like American hero Tulsi Gabbard.

Now I may watch Fox News way more now but they lie as well, just not as much as CNN and MSNBC. Even though Alex Jones mixes BS with stuff he says, he predicted a lot of things this election. 4chan sources predicted many things this election. Stuff has been playing out (including the protests) as if those posts I read in July was the script for now.

If you aren't paying attention, if you still think Breitbart is "lol" material, if you think CNN is the most trusted news source, etc., then I feel sorry for you (and I mean anyone here). These people made the pizzagate scandal appear to be some far right conspiracy against some one off kiddie pizza parlor where Hillary Clinton kills babies when that couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, with all these recent trafficking ring arrests, it's only ramping up.

I'll conclude by saying, open up your eyes and stop being biased. This isn't a Republican vs Democrat thing anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles