Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2018, 10:39 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times

Advertisements

This is a horrible program , but of course the mayor is in bed with the police and fire department unions .

The tax payers are getting ripped off and have been for years .

Keep in mind this idiot is planning to run for President in 2020 .
--
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- On Eyewitness Newsmakers, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti talked about fraud in the city's police and fire retirement program.

Speaking on Ask the Mayor, he said he wants to sit with the police and fire unions to discuss reported abuses of the Deferred Retirement Option Plan, the city's pre-retirement program, also referred to as "DROP."

To keep experienced personnel for five additional years, they can collect salary and a pension savings, almost doubling their salary. Reports that nearly half took sick leave, costing millions of dollars, has city officials calling for an investigation. The mayor said the plan still has merit and a fraud investigation was underway before suspected DROP abuses were reported.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti wants to keep and fix police, fire retirement program | abc7.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 12:41 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
in a article I read from back in 2011 Crapcetti was all for Drop then too. It was a election year and only one candidate was against it.

But never fear they are "investigating the fraud" and making sure it's a level input/output of money. Never mind the millions that have fraudulently been paid out so far. He just glossed over that minor detail.

I swear I don't know how you Angelenos can stand living there and seeing your city destroyed a little more every day.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
in a article I read from back in 2011 Crapcetti was all for Drop then too. It was a election year and only one candidate was against it.

But never fear they are "investigating the fraud" and making sure it's a level input/output of money. Never mind the millions that have fraudulently been paid out so far. He just glossed over that minor detail.

I swear I don't know how you Angelenos can stand living there and seeing your city destroyed a little more every day.
Yeah I was going to post that in the L.A forum, but apparently issues like that affecting L.A aren't allowed to be posted anymore.

It's just amazing how much fraud and corruption there is in the city, but nobody even talks about it.

It's just good enough to say they are 'investigating' ...right. We all know nothing will change.

I was born in L.A and hate to see the what's going on politically. I have a little hope things might change , but it seems we will probably have to hit rock bottom. It's still amazing though how many people are oblivious to what is going on and just vote for anyone with a "D" by their name.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:42 PM

626 posts, read 626,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah I was going to post that in the L.A forum, but apparently issues like that affecting L.A aren't allowed to be posted anymore.

It's just amazing how much fraud and corruption there is in the city, but nobody even talks about it.

It's just good enough to say they are 'investigating' ...right. We all know nothing will change.

I was born in L.A and hate to see the what's going on politically. I have a little hope things might change , but it seems we will probably have to hit rock bottom. It's still amazing though how many people are oblivious to what is going on and just vote for anyone with a "D" by their name.
Oh btw you are racist as well. Sorry but someone posted that in the L.A. forum awhile back.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:37 PM

Thought this was posted in another forum . But still should concern anyone in L.A that pays taxes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles