Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 10:06 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times

Advertisements

Okay—I’m loving this new A&E show the Exterminators! I was curious if you all could verify or vanquish my fascination with the bug killers. This is what I love about the show:
  • Billy has such enthusiasm! He has turned a really hard, gross job into a passion. He has a wealth of knowledge about the species of insects in Louisiana and he knows how to deal with them in a way that protects his clients. I’d love to kick back and drink a beer with Billy!
  • He shows a great amount of compassion for his clients, no matter what their circumstances—his family does, too.
  • Speaking of his family—they’re quintessential Southerners. Mom has the accent and beauty queen hair, dad is the quiet type who has the heart problem that probably evolved from keeping his caring and concern inside. Brother Ricky is a good guy with some issues. Both sons love their women.
  • Billy cares about the animals he traps. He relocates the one that can survive in the wild and finds a place for those who can’t—did you all see that bobcat with the purple collar?
  • Gators!
  • Beautiful Louisiana scenery!
So—have any of you all been Vexcon clients? Are the exterminators for real?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 10:14 PM

806 posts, read 2,959,082 times
Interesting.

Never seen the show, but googled it. Vexcon is hq'd in Benton,LA, close to Shreveport. There are few places that swampy in Shreveport so I guess they have a bunch of contracts down south or something?

Old 04-22-2009, 10:19 PM

He's been shown with all kinds of cases, roaches, rats, squirrels, possums, wasps--then gators.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:45 PM

425 posts, read 1,436,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
Interesting.

Never seen the show, but googled it. Vexcon is hq'd in Benton,LA, close to Shreveport. There are few places that swampy in Shreveport so I guess they have a bunch of contracts down south or something?
There are actually a lot of gator issues in Shreveport-Bossier. There was a dog eaten in the neighborhood pond at the neighborhood I grew up in. In fact, I believe that Barksdale AFB has a gator-unit there that is called in for gator issues around the area. They catch the gators and then release them into the ponds on base.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:10 PM

229 posts, read 584,936 times
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I just had to chime in and agree- it's one of my guilty pleasures too. My family and I completely enjoy the show and find it to be a refreshing change from what we usually see on tv- I would love, love, love to meet the family! I wish them all the best!

Old 04-27-2009, 08:01 AM

42 posts, read 186,340 times
Default They're for real!

Several years ago my company purchased a property in Bossier City that had been vacant for quite a while. There was a problem with rats in the attic and we called Vexcon to come out and get rid of them. I was surprised that these guys seemed to love what they were doing so much! This was long before they became "famous". In all, they made probably six or seven trips to our business to follow up and remove the dead critters and seal off any means of entrance. Always smiling...very accommodating...very good at what they do! Billy and his family deserve the success they are experiencing and their enthusiastic attitudes should ensure a bright future with or without national TV exposure. By the way...we initially called Vexcon because of their cool looking black trucks we saw passing by!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:05 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Okay—I’m loving this new A&E show the Exterminators! I was curious if you all could verify or vanquish my fascination with the bug killers. This is what I love about the show:
  • Billy has such enthusiasm! He has turned a really hard, gross job into a passion. He has a wealth of knowledge about the species of insects in Louisiana and he knows how to deal with them in a way that protects his clients. I’d love to kick back and drink a beer with Billy!
  • He shows a great amount of compassion for his clients, no matter what their circumstances—his family does, too.
  • Speaking of his family—they’re quintessential Southerners. Mom has the accent and beauty queen hair, dad is the quiet type who has the heart problem that probably evolved from keeping his caring and concern inside. Brother Ricky is a good guy with some issues. Both sons love their women.
  • Billy cares about the animals he traps. He relocates the one that can survive in the wild and finds a place for those who can’t—did you all see that bobcat with the purple collar?
  • Gators!
  • Beautiful Louisiana scenery!
So—have any of you all been Vexcon clients? Are the exterminators for real?
You took the words right out of my mouth. I have seen few people who are as passionate about what they do as Billy is. He's the kind of guy who also has not let his fame get to his head and he seems very down to earth.

I enjoy Dog The Bounty Hunter, but after a while, that gets old and stale. The Exterminators is definitely refreshing and exciting.

I also had no idea he was an Air Force Sgt.

I wish you much success in the future, Billy!

Last edited by Gil3; 04-27-2009 at 10:10 AM..

Old 04-27-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranrich View Post
Several years ago my company purchased a property in Bossier City that had been vacant for quite a while. There was a problem with rats in the attic and we called Vexcon to come out and get rid of them. I was surprised that these guys seemed to love what they were doing so much! This was long before they became "famous". In all, they made probably six or seven trips to our business to follow up and remove the dead critters and seal off any means of entrance. Always smiling...very accommodating...very good at what they do! Billy and his family deserve the success they are experiencing and their enthusiastic attitudes should ensure a bright future with or without national TV exposure. By the way...we initially called Vexcon because of their cool looking black trucks we saw passing by!
I'm so glad to hear that. That passion for the work is something that is sorely lacking from our culture these days!

Old 04-30-2009, 01:22 PM

27 posts, read 154,252 times
Not true! The show is filmed entirely in the Shreveport area. I live in Benton, right down the street from where they are, as a matter of fact. They are near Cypress Lake in Benton, but work all over this area. It may not be so noticeable from the highways, but there are a LOT of swampy areas in the Shreveport area. Cross Lake in Shreveport is infested with alligators!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana