Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 07:05 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times

Advertisements

I have an interview for a job at the Zappos.com center in Sheperdsville. From what i've researched it's supposed to be a uncommon place to work. I'd be working in the warehouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 03:07 PM

41 posts, read 133,086 times
I worked for them earlier in the year. Was offered a better job and left.

What are you wanting to know exactly?

Old 09-01-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2099 View Post
I worked for them earlier in the year. Was offered a better job and left.

What are you wanting to know exactly?
The overall experience.

But basically.

- Work environment; is it really that crazy?
- types of duties
- training; how long is it and do I have to go to Vegas?
- how often overtime happens?

This is for a seasonal team member position.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:22 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,081,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
The overall experience.

But basically.

......do I have to go to Vegas?

I don't think 'have to go' and Vegas belong in the same sentence. Getting paid to visit Vegas? Seriously?

Old 09-01-2010, 07:27 PM

41 posts, read 133,086 times
I had been there just over a month when I left for the other job so what I have to tell you isn't much.

Overall: It wasn't bad. I worked the 5pm to 1:30am shift. They cater lunch everyday so thats a plus. You get full benefits after 90 days and a pay raise after 90.

I worked in Put-away. I would take boxes off the conveyor belt, scan them and put them back on the supply shelf's. Easy enough but boring. There are other people back with you but with a large warehouse you are on your own for the most part. They have other jobs but being that I wasn't there long I didn't get around to the other jobs.

Training is boring but easy. I think orientation is a week now. Was 3 days when I went through, said we were the last group to have the 3 days. They do a lot of the positive team building exercises during orientation, bugged the hell out of me. No, you will not have to go to Las Vegas.

Not sure about overtime. Never had a chance to do it when I was there.

Being that your seasonal, I dont know how much will apply to you.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:56 PM

80 posts, read 198,645 times
Don't work there its seems great at first, when I worked there the snacks and drinks were free and they had lunch catered in. That was very cool but they hire people as seasonal temps and just let them go when they don't need them anymore. I guess I still have a sour taste in my mouth but either way.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopi5 View Post
Don't work there its seems great at first, when I worked there the snacks and drinks were free and they had lunch catered in. That was very cool but they hire people as seasonal temps and just let them go when they don't need them anymore. I guess I still have a sour taste in my mouth but either way.
Well my position would be seasonal and I would likely still be going out for other jobs. Thanks for the advice.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:03 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,159,860 times
Well, I've never worked there, but I love Zappos!!! If I want interesting shoes, or need something special that's where I go when I'm in town. My sister wears size 11 dress shoes (sometime they're too small--she's very tall) and so she goes there when she needs dress shoes too.

The clerks are always very friendly and seem to like working there.......

Old 09-11-2010, 06:16 AM

Well, I'm supposed to start orientation next week. I'm excited to be making money again. The commute isn't bad except it eats some gas and driving down Joe Prather Hwy gets boring.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:27 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,159,860 times
Yeah, I hear ya--there is never a good time to be out of work, or not bring home any bacon! hahaha And yes, JPH would get tedious after a few trips I imagine. Better have some jamming tunes to keep you entertained!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: