Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 05:23 PM

9 posts, read 28,961 times

Advertisements

Hi all, first time posting here.

My fiancé is being relocated to Louisville from the Midwest in June and I will be joining him in October after our wedding. I'm pretty excited for a new adventure but completely uneducated about the area except for general internet research I've done.

My fiancé will be working near the airport and I will be searching for employment downtown. We love the look of downtown and I am a glutton for culture, having gotten an Art History degree in college. We are both young, late-twenties (me) to early-thirties (him) and pretty active so we like to walk lots of places, especially places we can have a beer afterward! While we first start out there, young professionals and childless, we were looking at condos in the downtown area-ish. We would like a few years of urban living - he is originally from Chicago and I hail from Minneapolis. We considered renting but have a young dog and don't particularly want to deal with a landlord again after having been homeowners up here for awhile. We've looked in downtown proper, The Highlands and Old Louisville, but given our possibly different work schedules I might be walking above-mentioned dog by myself a considerable amount, so I'd like a more safe area. We've somewhat zeroed in on the Highland Terrace condos, which seem nice and in our very much in our price range. They are in the 959 Baxter Avenue area of the Highlands. Does anyone have any experience with these condos (specifically if they're dog-friendly, since I can't seem to find an answer to that on my own) or have advice for any other condos in the area for the $175 - $225k range?

Thanks so much for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 11:38 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,910,840 times
I've heard that the construction is somewhat shotty. there was a ladder from one of the balconies up to the roof and a tarp on the building for about a year. that seems to have been resolved, but for the money I think you could find something nicer. If your heart is set on a newer type consruction they are one of the only options in that area. I will also say that block is party central on most nights=not very quiet or peaceful. while I am a huge fan of the highlands I don't think I would want to live in those condos, but that's just me. I like all that the highlands has to offer but being right on baxter might prove to be a bit much. I like to party but I like to sleep as well,lol.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:50 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,749,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
I've heard that the construction is somewhat shotty. there was a ladder from one of the balconies up to the roof and a tarp on the building for about a year. that seems to have been resolved, but for the money I think you could find something nicer. If your heart is set on a newer type consruction they are one of the only options in that area. I will also say that block is party central on most nights=not very quiet or peaceful. while I am a huge fan of the highlands I don't think I would want to live in those condos, but that's just me. I like all that the highlands has to offer but being right on baxter might prove to be a bit much. I like to party but I like to sleep as well,lol.
Not true at all. The development is great except some roof issues. ALso not true there are no condos. They are everywhere.

Cherokee Road Condos - Luxury Condos at 927 Cherokee Road, Louisville, Kentucky

Old bldg behing highland terrace...total;ly rehabbed. Cherokee road is chock ful l of condos.

Also new construction a block away from Highland Terrace

Phoenix Lofts - Welcome!

I think you would love those.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:41 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,910,840 times
did I say there were no condos?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: