Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2015, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,492 times

Advertisements

Hello all!
I know this is most likely a reoccurring thread, but I was struggling to find one that is recent. I have a few questions. I'm a 32 year old single woman, with a pretty awesome cattle dog. I would like to have a shorter commute (less than 30 min drive), be in a walkable area, or an area with close amenities. It would be great to be near some green space!

What is the basic pay scale for an ICU RN in louisville? How is Kosair? Good to their RNs?

What areas would you recommend living? What is there to do? What's the best way to meet people?

Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 07:42 PM

1,265 posts, read 1,423,791 times
There's green space all over the city.

I can't speak for how the hospitals treat their employees, but healthcare is a big industry in Louisville, both on the hospital and white collar side of the table. Someone with more experience there will need to chime in, but check glassdoor.com for RN's in Louisville and it should give you a pretty decent salary ballpark to work from.

As for walkable neighborhoods, The Highlands area is my favorite spot that is both safe and near a lot of cool stuff. There are a lot of up and coming areas of downtown as well, but it's my perception that you have to be one of the types who doesn't mind being part of the gentrification of a neighborhood in order to enjoy those areas. New Albany, Indiana is also a walkable area, but you're restricted in your commute over the bridge, and with the bridge closures the city has experienced in recent years, that has caused major commute headaches into and out of Louisville. Hopefully that has resolved itself with the fortification of the bridges and the building of the two new bridges (downtown northbound and East end tunnel/bridge), but it's something to keep in the back of your mind.

The best way to meet people in any city, not just Louisville, is to get active. That's either through volunteering, using meetup.com for things that interest you, or things like church or other community events. There's a ton of things to do in the city, so just seek out something that you might consider trying using google and see what comes up.

Best wishes with your move and you made a good choice to come to Louisville. It really is a bit of a gem.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:53 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBrookeBecky523 View Post
Hello all!
I know this is most likely a reoccurring thread, but I was struggling to find one that is recent. I have a few questions. I'm a 32 year old single woman, with a pretty awesome cattle dog. I would like to have a shorter commute (less than 30 min drive), be in a walkable area, or an area with close amenities. It would be great to be near some green space!

What is the basic pay scale for an ICU RN in louisville? How is Kosair? Good to their RNs?

What areas would you recommend living? What is there to do? What's the best way to meet people?

Thanks!!!!
My..You haven't googled or researched tho on your own?? I'm a retired RN and even before advent of internet I knew how to research RN job's/pay scale etc..

Having said all that..here's a few links..Course lack of info and qualifications and experience is missing..so take them for what they are worth!! Good Luck

KY RN Salary, Wage Earnings, & Hourly Pay Scale | NurseGroups

Nurse RN Salary in Kentucky | Indeed.com

Staff Nurse - RN Salaries in Louisville, KY | Salary.com

Old 09-23-2015, 08:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,492 times
Lyndarn,
I often find the pay scales are off on those sites due to travel RN rates. Yes, I have looked into them. Thank you so much for the links. I was looking for an active RN in the area to give me a bit of a heads up. So many things make a difference, like shift differential.

ServoMiff,
Thanks! Great info. The Highlands area seems to pop up quite a bit! And after living in Pittsburgh, I'll be trying to avoid bridges and tunnels in this commute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: