Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2012, 09:20 PM

2 posts, read 5,607 times

Advertisements

Looking to move a mobile home on land. looking for land in Minot, Poland, Turner, Leeds, Greene, possible other local areas to Lewiston. Do not want inner city areas. Looking for land that is cleared, about 1 acre. would be great if well and septic were in. If not, will need advice on costs, and advice on who is best for the buck at well drilling and septic install. Been watching Uncle Henry's and the local newspaper. Any one have knowledge of any of this off the top of your heads. Good leads, DM me Thank you all.

Last edited by 7th generation; 03-13-2012 at 05:42 AM.. Reason: please do not post your e mail addy here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 05:14 AM

885 posts, read 1,494,818 times
Can't tell you about septic but I had a quote for a well last fall. Around 200 feet would be about $5000 plus around $2000 for the pump installation.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Is the Poland area having troubles with their water table?

I seem to think I have heard of protests and even seen petitions about that area's water table.

Is someone sucking it dry?

Old 03-12-2012, 10:43 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,679,925 times
Maine has vast reserves of delicious water. There are drillers who will put in a drilled well for $1,500. Before committing to do it they usually have someone make sure there is good access to the site and a reasonably level place for the well drilling rig to park. Such people are called "dowsers". If they don't find a level place for the drilling rig to park they don't get further work in the dowsing business.

As to septic, it depends on the number of bedrooms, soil type, slope and whether the leach field must be above the home. Figure on a minimum of $2,500 and it could go much higher.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 5,607 times
Thank you everyone for your replies to my inquiry. I have heard from someone at Goodwin Well drilling that it would be about 7K for the well system. Between the well and septic mostly, there is a lot involved. I am new at this so I have no idea about either issues.

Interesting info on the town of Poland. Will keep that in mind.

Thanks all. Will check in for other responses to my request. I need all the help I can get. Just don't want to have some contractor taking advantage of my ignorance on these issues and charge me double. Also don't want to end up with some joker who thinks he knows everything and then he messes things up. LOL If anyone has had this happen, please let me know who did this so I can be aware of not who to trust for the work. Thanks again. Felicia

Old 03-12-2012, 04:05 PM

80 posts, read 139,466 times
Unless they run into issues you should shop the well drilling around. Going rate is $5000-5500 complete.

Mark
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine