Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 01:58 AM

5 posts, read 28,483 times

Advertisements

Tonights episode centered around the case of Shelley and Eric Martin from Palmyra, Maine who clime they saw five man-wolf like creatures standing 6-7 ft. upright canids (sketch below) coming toward them on their yard. The couple retreated into the farmhouse, and later shone a spotlight on the yard and saw five pairs of yellow-green eyes staring up at them. Doing a bit of research I came across the book Real Wolfmen: True Encounters in Modern America by Linda S. Godfrey and in this book she puts forth two different theories to explain such creatures-- they are either a specially adapted wolf species that have found it advantageous to walk and run around on their hind legs, or according to Native American lore, they are some type of spirit creature that can take on a physical presence. Im curious as to what residents of Maine think u can catch the full episode here Life After Paranormals | Paranormal Witness | Syfy
Attachment 115865
Real Wolfmen: True Encounters in Modern America | Werewolves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 02:07 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,275 times
Sounds like Paranormal Exaggeration to me. LOL!

Old 08-08-2013, 03:49 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
i've seen alot of things i cant explain....

you always think these folks just are making this up,,, to get attention,,,,but then again,,,who wants to be known for a for-ever kook

the older i get,,,the more i believe there's much more out there than what we know,,,

Old 08-08-2013, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
i've seen alot of things i cant explain....

you always think these folks just are making this up,,, to get attention,,,,but then again,,,who wants to be known for a for-ever kook

the older i get,,,the more i believe there's much more out there than what we know,,,
Wolfmen.. lol... c'mon now! I think the people featured in that episode watched a little too much True Blood.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Wolfmen.. lol... c'mon now! I think the people featured in that episode watched a little too much True Blood.
i once heard an honest politician exists......but i've yet to "see" one

Old 08-08-2013, 07:53 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,200,853 times
I wasn't there, so I can't say for sure, but I do know that there are people out there that seek attention... any kind of attention. I don't understand it, but it's been around forever. Read about the Salem witch trials and see what it can cause.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Growing up in NM, I saw 2 animals that don't appear in any biology books I've ever seen. One a fish and another a lizard. Sadly, I've never seen a fishman or lizard lady.

I read an article several years ago that there were some Bigfoot sighting around Lisbon. Upon investigation, the local costume shop revealed that a gorilla costume had been rented and never returned. I believe the local police asked the perpetrator to stop wandering the woods in a gorilla suit before someone shot him.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Growing up in NM, I saw 2 animals that don't appear in any biology books I've ever seen. One a fish and another a lizard. Sadly, I've never seen a fishman or lizard lady.

I read an article several years ago that there were some Bigfoot sighting around Lisbon. Upon investigation, the local costume shop revealed that a gorilla costume had been rented and never returned. I believe the local police asked the perpetrator to stop wandering the woods in a gorilla suit before someone shot him.
yes, ive heard that too around durham,,

also around bowdoinham,,,,,bigfoot signs..

on the way to greenville one night,,,,i still maintain, i saw a mountain lion,,,,got a decent look,,crossing the road,,large cat,,with a very long tail..

riding down rte 11 from ashland to patten.one night ...i was travelling slow -for reaction time for moose,, this was about 15 yrs ago,,,longggg stretches no homes around,,
a small doe lunges across the road-i slowed in case fawns were behind her,,,then BAM,,,something bangs the back of my car--im thinking its a deer,,,running into my car,,so i stop..got the flashlight out
walk behind the car...on top of the trunk there is a dent...none on the sides..(i see a large piece of a tree trunk behind the car)
i hear thrashing in the woods,,something heavy,,,im thinking its a moose,,,cause im smelling something swampy..
then i hear some trees breaking,,,,1, then 2,,,then 3

im shining the light in the woods,,see nothing,,,but was getting freaked,,
so i jumped in the car and left....thinking this was very strange..

i wont even share the ghost stories along the roads....

Old 08-08-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:

on the way to greenville one night,,,,i still maintain, i saw a mountain lion,,,,got a decent look,,crossing the road,,large cat,,with a very long tail..

riding down rte 11 from ashland to patten.one night ...i was travelling slow -for reaction time for moose,, this was about 15 yrs ago,,,longggg stretches no homes around,,
a small doe lunges across the road-i slowed in case fawns were behind her,,,then BAM,,,something bangs the back of my car--im thinking its a deer,,,running into my car,,so i stop..got the flashlight out
walk behind the car...on top of the trunk there is a dent...none on the sides..(i see a large piece of a tree trunk behind the car)
i hear thrashing in the woods,,something heavy,,,im thinking its a moose,,,cause im smelling something swampy..

If ghosts were/are so prevalent on your roads, one would think you'd keep a camera alongside in the car, for the next sighting.

But, I guess that'd be too logical.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:28 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,200,853 times
Quote:

It was bigfoot. I've got one of the heads mounted in my living room. I would show you all a picture but I got him out of season. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: