Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 11:56 AM

3 posts, read 11,024 times

Advertisements

I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND I WAS WONDERING IF YOU PEOPLE CAN HELP ME OUT? ME AND MY FAMILY LIVE IN ARIZON. AND IM TIRED OF IT. WE WANT TO MOVE TO MAINE AND WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I HAVE BEEN DOING SOME SURCHING ONLINE AND I LOVE WHAT I SEE. I HAVE THREE KIDS AND A HUBY AND WE JUST WANT TO FIND A PLACE THAT WE CAN SETTLE INTO NICELY. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD SOME SUGGESTIONS AS TO WERE TO MOVE TO. WE WERE HOPING FOR SOMETHING ON THE COAST LINE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

DOLPFIN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 12:05 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,890,146 times
You're going to have to quit yelling if you want to move here. We like it quiet.

Seriously; Go through some of the past threads. Sit, relax and read a bit. But keep coming back to this thread as there will be lots of posts. Don't get upset if some sound like your parents. It's just a way to bring you out of the "Maine Fantasy" and throw some reality at you. Welcome to the site.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:09 PM

298 posts, read 482,401 times
Where is the job that you and/or your husband will be working at? If you don't have a job, perhaps you should wait until you have one, unless you are independantly wealthy, have your own business or are retired. While I am not from Maine, from what I understand the job market is not very good. And looking for work once you were out here would not be a good option.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:27 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,677,393 times
Living on the coast in Maine is expensive. In Southern Maine houses start around $600,000 and up for the coast. Further up the coast (and away from the civilization that many out of state folks find necessary) homes are cheaper but you are fairly isolated in many places. Take retiredtinbender's advice and read old threads. It will take you days to read them. Pay attention to posts by Acadianlion as they will quickly point you to the realities of moving to Maine.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:51 AM

37,474 posts, read 61,432,180 times
dolpfin-

Welcome.

Maine is a large state, with many regions.

As was stated down in the Southern extreme end of Maine homes can be expensive, as well as shore-line homes along all 3,000 miles of our coast.

We have seen homes marketed for as low as $40k in more rural areas of Maine.

You really need to plan a few trips to Maine. Come up and see it for yourself. Check out each corner of Maine as see which area is better suited for you.

Read through some old threads here, and feel free to ask questions.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:29 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,522,672 times
Welcome to the boards and good luck in your search.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:33 PM

36 posts, read 157,809 times
It's hard to surpass the beauty of Acadia National Park on Mount Desert Island. Make sure to read about that, and to view some of the awesome pictures posted, like the ones linked in this post by chiles400.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine