Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:48 AM

8 posts, read 36,832 times

Advertisements

Please, anyone, if you live in, or have lived in Jonesport Maine and would like to talk about your life there, and especially show off pictures of the town etc, I sure would love to hear from you.
I lived there in 1986 at age 13 and have dreamed of going back ever since. It was such a beautiful place and an awesome experience.
My mother and I used to walk "up to the IGA" and the Post Office and my personal favorite, the public Library.
We lived right across Main St. from a bay and I spent a LOT of my time there as I was and still am an outdoors fanatic. I have finally located what I am sure is that house, and it's a vacation rental, which I would love to be able to afford some day, though I'd rather just move up there permanantly.
I live in hot, humid, ugly Floirda, so I sure would love some "down east" pictures and talk.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 11:49 AM

102 posts, read 555,282 times
i dont have any pics, but i grew up there, lived there untill a year or so after i graduated high school. Lived right next to the post office.

Theres isnt much there to do, Drugs are extremly bad. Seems more than half the people i grew up with are on drugs or was at one point, or in jail.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:58 AM

8 posts, read 36,832 times
Chris22, I'm sorry to hear about your friends. I could say the same for a lot of folks I went to school with here in FL too. This is a small town area, not much in the way of jobs, unless you want to drive forever.
I admit, I was taken aback (isn't that a weird phrase? anyway) when I hear the word "drugs" and "maine" in the same sentence. I know this is dumb, but I have this vision of Maine being totally clean, pristine, no crime, no drugs etc. I guess it's just my memories of Jonesport and the area when I was 13. Kinda stupid, considering I kicked a girl's butt on my front lawn there because she and her friend were always making fun of me.
I went to the PO a lot. I guess we didn't have a mail box. Did anyone? Seems like everyone had a PO box. I just want to go back for a visit before I die. I found the house we lived in on a vacation website. It's around $600 per week. HA! Was exciting to see the house though.
What year did you graduate?

Old 08-04-2007, 06:56 PM

102 posts, read 555,282 times
graduated in 2000 jonesport has changed alot crime wise

Old 11-29-2007, 08:09 PM

3 posts, read 13,185 times
Hi just found this site today, I live in Jonesport, have been here for over 35 years...tell me where your house is and I'll get a photo for you

Old 01-19-2008, 12:10 AM

1 posts, read 5,644 times
Default moving to Jonesport

Not sure how all of this works...just found this site...I was hoping to get some information about Jonesport. We are moving there in July and would just like to know more about the town and school. I have a Preschool aged child and a first grader....was wondering about the school system. Any information would be great! Thanks!

Old 01-19-2008, 02:35 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,823,645 times
jonesport maine - Google Image Search

Old 01-19-2008, 04:26 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,823,645 times
A caveat on the pics in the link I posted....I decided to take a break and since I think the coast of Maine is one of the most photogenic places in Maine I went back to the Jonesport Google image page to enjoy the pics and the first thing I noticed is that the first image is not Jonesport at all but Camden. Sorry about that but the rest seem right and you can use the links to go to other websites with more pics of Jonesport.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 AM

1 posts, read 4,724 times
Default I grew up on Beals

Hey, came across this web site tonight. Pretty cool. How many years did you live in Jonesport? I lived on Beals Island from birth to 25yrs old. My dad and brothers are lobster fishermen. Did you ever get any pics sent to you? I have tons on another computer. Would you like for me to email you some? Hope to talk to you.
From Sue Smith

Old 06-06-2010, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,598 times
Where is Maker's Point Road? I can't find it on any online map or driving directions to it with my Garmin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine