Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,917 times

Advertisements

I signed a contract with Darin Pryer, of The Hoopla Connection, on May 28, 2010 to perform a myriad of services for my daughter's first birthday party on August 28, 2010. I had countless dealings with him up until the day before her party. He assured me that everything was good to go and that I will see him on Saturday, August 28th.

When I showed up for my party, he wasn't there. He called me @ 1:30pm (when the party was supposed to be set-up) to say that the truck with my rented tables and chairs broke down and that he was on his way to pick them up. This was a lie. He showed up over two hours later with tables that I didn't even order. He dropped them off and immediately left the party. He said I will be right back with your birthday cake, custom goodie bags, custom decorations, moonbounces, cartoon characters, sno cone/popcorn/cotton candy machines, birthday banners, photo backdrop, etc. He never showed up. I hired him to manage the logistics of the party because we had over 100 people in attendance. Since he never came back to my party, I was forced to improvise and try to entertain over 100 people. We called him 100 times but to no avail. Darin turned his cell phone off right after the conversation we had about my tables and we never got back in touch with him until Sunday, August 29th.

He left a voicemail on my husband's cell phone apologizing for ruining the party. The apology was so fake. We called him back and told him to give us our money back immediately. He said he didn't have it...he had to work a few parties to recoup the money. We told him this was unacceptable and that he needed to find other means to get our money back. We have sent him numerous text messages, e-mails, and called him repeatedly but he won't return our calls.

Darin assured me that my party was the only one scheduled on the 28th but that was a lie. He had seven parties scheduled on the 28th!! I spoke to several people and they told me that Darin tried to procure their services for my party on the day of my party...unbelievable!! I have e-mails stating that everything was booked well in advance for my party. He was a no-show for several other birthday parties in Brandywine and Waldorf, MD.

Darin has been deceiving people for years. There are several negative comments on the internet about his deceptive practices. He owes so many people for services not rendered. I wished I would've done a more thorough background check on him before paying him almost $5,000 to host, plan, and manage my daughter's birthday party! He has ruined a milestone for her that I can't recreate!

I have e-mails, text messages, phone records, contracts, witness statements, and payment receipts to validate my claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,672 times
YOU ARE SOOOOO RIGHT!!!! He did the same thing to me!!! I rented IronMan for my cons 5th birthday (which was suppose to be at his school). All the student were sooo excited to see Iron man. After I made my deposit that was the it! He never returned my calls, he wouldn't respond to my e-mails and I was STUCK! After I had my attorney contact Darin, he then called to inform me that he couldn't make the party; 3 days before the event!!!!! I have to get in touch with another ironman at the last minute which was costly.

I Booked Elmo at the same time for my 2 year olds birthday (Which was just a week and a half later). Darin never showed up and claimed he was in a car accident. He then had another company to fill in and they were 3 hours late and the act was HORRIBLE!!!! I was extremely embarrassed.

I later received a check for a full refund for IronMan (not Elmo). When I went to cash the check; IT BOUNCED!!!! I am not legally trying to get his matter straightened as I type. NEVER USE DARIN PRYER!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland