Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 01:42 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,037,293 times

Advertisements

Personally, I think this is awesome news for Boston area real estate consumers. MLSPIN, the MLS that covers most of the state (Cape Cod & the Islands tends to use another system and I'm not sure about W. Mass) now has a website that people who are NOT real estate agents can use to search for homes, real estate agents, etc. My experience has been that sites like Zillow & Trulia have HORRIBLE data accuracy and most of the data on the site is either wrong, misleading, or easily found elsewhere. For example, I've often seen istings that have been sold for years still listed as "for sale" on these sites. So, it's awesome that consumers can now go straight to the horse's mouth and cut out the middle man. The new site is:

www.MLSPINHomes.com

Enjoy and happy house hunting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 01:52 PM

3,689 posts, read 7,435,107 times
How does this data differ from realtor.com, if at all?

Old 10-22-2014, 01:55 PM

530 posts, read 359,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Personally, I think this is awesome news for Boston area real estate consumers. MLSPIN, the MLS that covers most of the state (Cape Cod & the Islands tends to use another system and I'm not sure about W. Mass) now has a website that people who are NOT real estate agents can use to search for homes, real estate agents, etc. My experience has been that sites like Zillow & Trulia have HORRIBLE data accuracy and most of the data on the site is either wrong, misleading, or easily found elsewhere. For example, I've often seen istings that have been sold for years still listed as "for sale" on these sites. So, it's awesome that consumers can now go straight to the horse's mouth and cut out the middle man. The new site is:

www.MLSPINHomes.com

Enjoy and happy house hunting!
Awesome news indeed! Thanks Mike!!

Old 10-22-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
How does this data differ from realtor.com, if at all?
This is the source that Realtor.com gets their data from. So, first it's going to be updated a little faster. Second, Realtor.com is not necessarily bringing over every data field that MLSPIN has. So, MLSPIN may have more information in their listing. Third, Realtor.com is designed to take in feeds from all the MLS systems across the country which are not uniform. So. even though Realtor.com is more accurate than Z&T it does from time to time misinterpret some data in the feed.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:25 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,651,571 times
The interface is easy to use. But, I don't see as much information as provided by redfin or realtor.com. Items such as finishes, heating system.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:28 PM

7,927 posts, read 7,823,402 times
Reminds me a bit of the MAPC update on this site.
Housing MA

Old 10-22-2014, 02:43 PM

530 posts, read 359,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
The interface is easy to use. But, I don't see as much information as provided by redfin or realtor.com. Items such as finishes, heating system.
Agree, got excited for no reason

Old 10-22-2014, 06:49 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,952,219 times
Thanks for the head's up, Mike. The New Hampshire MLS has had this option for years (NNEREN - Northern New England Real Estate Network) so it's great to see this option for a public search. I agree that there is not enough information provided (heating source, etc is very important). The great thing is that MLSPIN is very responsive to agent requests, so I'm sure more information will be available at some point for the public to view.

Quote:

Old 10-22-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
I may have gotten a little excited about this myself. The good news is that this is only their first effort. I'm sure in time the site will improve (although I think they could have done better to start).

Old 10-22-2014, 08:30 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,840,601 times
It's the perfect time waster for "fantasy home shoppers" who have no inclination to pay for joining a realtor's Website, and who also know that Trulia and Zillow only go so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts