Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 09:44 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I think women in men's bathrooms is way more common than vice versa. I see it with relative frequency. I've honestly never heard any of my women friends ever say anything about men in their bathroom.

I still can't fathom why where somebody goes potty matters. These knuckle draggers must freak out when they go to Europe and encounter a female bathroom attendant. Women using the mens room is pretty much every crowded bar in Murica. Why would anyone care if some gender-confused male wants to use the womens room?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 09:45 AM

2,190 posts, read 2,234,840 times
Question 3 has been law for years. Not many issues have occured. Really who cares. Gender isin't black and white for everyone.

And for question 1, I don't think that should have been a ballot question. The majority of voters aren't familiar with nurse staffing situation. Really it's a labor dispute that should be handled by the unions or the legislature, not through a ballot. I voted against it because I don't want more regulation unless it's necessary.

Last edited by tysmith95; 11-08-2018 at 09:53 AM..

Old 11-08-2018, 09:56 AM

12,871 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitive2 View Post
Many people voted no on it because they knew that ultimately management would've used it to their advantage by reducing full time staff and hiring more per diem.
This too. My post was lengthy, but the point was that whie the intention of a "yes" vote is good, there are a million and one ways that the result would be far more negative than intended (and our healthcare system will be worse off than it currently is).

Old 11-08-2018, 10:01 AM

11,063 posts, read 12,456,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I still can't fathom why where somebody goes potty matters. These knuckle draggers must freak out when they go to Europe and encounter a female bathroom attendant. Women using the mens room is pretty much every crowded bar in Murica. Why would anyone care if some gender-confused male wants to use the womens room?
I freak out when I have to pay to use a bathroom in Europe.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:04 AM

2,190 posts, read 2,234,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I freak out when I have to pay to use a bathroom in Europe.
Ehh I actually like that. In the US it can be hard to find bathrooms sometimes, cause many businesses don't want to deal with having public ones.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:22 AM

11,063 posts, read 12,456,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
Ehh I actually like that. In the US it can be hard to find bathrooms sometimes, cause many businesses don't want to deal with having public ones.
It was a joke.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:33 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
It is interesting that MA voters decided to enforce the almost slave like environment imposed on med/surge nurses in MA hospitals lately, refusing to restrict, or limit the amount of patients these nurses have to provide care for. With many MA hospitals, it is currently almost impossible for many nurses to get all of their work done now as it is within an eight hour shift, often requiring nurses to work 12 hour shifts just to catch up on paper work.
You do realize a lot of nurses (I am not saying all) work a 12 hour schedule, right? So it's not as if nurses are being paid for 8 hours and need to then work 4 hours unpaid to finish writing their notes.

I also think suggesting nurses work in "slave like" conditions is laughable and completely over-blowing the situation.

Question One was a union driven bill, hardly a shock, that was poorly written.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:58 AM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I think question #1 needs to be solved on a individual hospital approach, and not with a shotgun blanket law. I have a lot of family that are nurses and I think the reason they were so split on it is because what would benefit one hospital if the bill passed, would hurt another.

SO I still think there is a problem, but the voters rejected that measure as the way to solve it.

Spot on.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:07 PM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
The world must be a terrifying place when you believe every ghost story.

Those who supported a YES vote (taken from Wiki): 250 businesses, 350 clergy and congregations, 14 labor unions, 16 "women's and victim's advocacy groups," Boston Children's Hospital,[7] "every major New England professional sports team" including the Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, and Patriots,[8] 29 mayors, Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association, Massachusetts Major City Chiefs, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey, Massachusetts ACLU, politicians from both parties in the state House and Senate, and "the entire Massachusetts Congressional delegation."[9]

Yeah, 'the left' was really bullying this one through

Most of those of those surprise me, especially the professional sports teams. When was the last time you saw any of them (think John Henry in particular) NOT jump on board the latest PC pop culture thing of the day to promote? "The entire Massachusetts Congressional delegation." really??? Probably the most the most one-sided Democratic delegation in the country, even Lynch has become a wingnut as of late.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:25 PM

1,199 posts, read 639,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Tell a lie long enough and eventually people will believe it, or scream "hater!" as loud as you can to anyone daring enough to start asking for facts or rational. This bully tactic is a common ploy of the far left in achieving their goals, ones which won't stand up to the scrutiny test. Read "Rules for Radicals".

But does this really shock you with an electorate that reelected Maura Healy as A.G.?
You have very strong opinions about our local politics. I think you should probably register as a voter here, so you can put some weight behind those opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts