Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 06:28 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

I have never liked Warren. And I have no respect for her making these moves towards running for president when she just got re-elected as a senator. What a huge waste of campaign money and to anyone who voted for her.

And I also think that the US economy would tank with her as POTUS. The problem with attacking Wall Street is that when big business is doing well, everyone's 401K plans do well. When the market crashes, everyone's 401K accounts will crash too.

As to her hate for the wealthy, I think that she is a hypocrite. For decades, she has made big money teaching at Harvard and being a consultant. She would have more credibility had she been donating the bulk of her income all of these years to charities supporting the poor, instead of keeping it and filing inflated numbers on her used clothing donations to charity... and living a leaner more frugal lifestyle. I don't see how she can understand or relate to anyone, any family living a low or even middle class lifestyle.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:39 AM

3,176 posts, read 3,697,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I have never liked Warren. And I have no respect for her making these moves towards running for president when she just got re-elected as a senator. What a huge waste of campaign money and to anyone who voted for her..
She didn't really campaign. She just went through the motions and the outcome was more or less preordained.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:04 AM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I have never liked Warren. And I have no respect for her making these moves towards running for president when she just got re-elected as a senator. What a huge waste of campaign money and to anyone who voted for her.

And I also think that the US economy would tank with her as POTUS. The problem with attacking Wall Street is that when big business is doing well, everyone's 401K plans do well. When the market crashes, everyone's 401K accounts will crash too.

As to her hate for the wealthy, I think that she is a hypocrite. For decades, she has made big money teaching at Harvard and being a consultant. She would have more credibility had she been donating the bulk of her income all of these years to charities supporting the poor, instead of keeping it and filing inflated numbers on her used clothing donations to charity... and living a leaner more frugal lifestyle. I don't see how she can understand or relate to anyone, any family living a low or even middle class lifestyle.
Her business of course, but her rate of charitable contributions are pitiful for somebody of her wealth. Between that and her making a career out of attacking the same system that enriched her, makes her the epitome of a hypocrite.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:21 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,991 times
Trump is making it easier every day for Warren to get elected. He was supposed to drain the swamp. She couldn't be any worse.
In fact, no one has a right to complain about Warren unless they complain about Trump too.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
Trump is making it easier every day for Warren to get elected. He was supposed to drain the swamp. She couldn't be any worse.
You probably said Hillary would win in a landslide as well. While Warren isn't a crook like HRC, an opponent like her would still do nothing more than guarantee Trump's reelection.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:06 AM

139 posts, read 68,285 times
And she will get more judgement heaped on her than any male counterpart would, and her clothing will be evaluated as well. Women in politics have a higher level of being evaluated under a microscope, while men often are given the "boys will be boys" excuse.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queerfaith View Post
And she will get more judgement heaped on her than any male counterpart would, and her clothing will be evaluated as well. Women in politics have a higher level of being evaluated under a microscope, while men often are given the "boys will be boys" excuse.
You apparently haven't been very tuned in during the last few years.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:32 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
In fact, no one has a right to complain about Warren unless they complain about Trump too.

Trump is Trump. Has he ever told us he was something he was not? He is an international businessman, a real estate developer, a womanizer, a cheater, an egomaniac and so many other things.

He is certainly not a politician because he tells it like it is and often puts his own foot in his mouth.

Warren is a politician and she practices all the negative connotations that come along with that badge.

She lies, she is a hypocrite, she tells people what they want to hear and uses their response to her benefit. She complains to no end of perceived problems to rally her base yet she offers very few solutions to fix those problems because she has greatly benefited from those establishments that she tells us are the bullies that beat up on the middle class.

Listening to Warren is very confusing especially when she is off the cuff and away from a prepared speech. She would not make for a strong leader.

I just think it was wrong for her to seek reelection and then turn her back on Massachusetts a few months after her win to go and make a run for the White House.

Geoff Diehl is out there somewhere saying "I told you so"...

Old 01-05-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I just think it was wrong for her to seek reelection and then turn her back on Massachusetts a few months after her win to go and make a run for the White House.

Geoff Diehl is out there somewhere saying "I told you so"...
Well it's not like nobody could see it coming. At the same time I'm sad for Massachusetts, this also might be proof that it deserves no better.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:15 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,991 times
I thought Trump was Mr. Art of the Deal?
The stock market is negative from 1 year ago and he can't come to any kind of compromise on the budget.
Mexico is paying for nothing, Warren can't be worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts