Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 10:17 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,514,310 times

Advertisements

I mean, you gotta feel sorry for the liberal media.
Lying Liz has gone bang and now they're wondering who else to fawn over in their desperation to remove Trump from office.
They'd only just stopped drying their tears after Mayor Pete slunk off back to Nowhereville.
Now it's a race between two doddery old men neither of whom is gay black or female.
So let's make today Hug A Hack Day.
If you see one of those forlorn-looking folk holding a microphone or sucking on a pencil wondering where it has all gone wrong give them a hug.
Then take two steps back, point a finger at them and start laughing.
I mean a real rib-tickling belly laugh.
Those political fluffers deserve no better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 10:22 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,332,006 times

Yaaas

Old 03-06-2020, 03:42 AM

However the editor,researchers,presenter,producer and interviewee on this segment aired on MSNBC really just deserve to be kicked up the backside.
I mean, do the math for goodness sake ...

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status...42770968797184

Old 03-06-2020, 08:04 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
However the editor,researchers,presenter,producer and interviewee on this segment aired on MSNBC really just deserve to be kicked up the backside.
I mean, do the math for goodness sake ...

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status...42770968797184
I doubt even half of MSNBC's audience will "get" what the problem is. But the smiling pretty face will get a pass even from most who do.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:14 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I mean, you gotta feel sorry for the liberal media.
Lying Liz has gone bang and now they're wondering who else to fawn over in their desperation to remove Trump from office.
They'd only just stopped drying their tears after Mayor Pete slunk off back to Nowhereville.
Now it's a race between two doddery old men neither of whom is gay black or female.
So let's make today Hug A Hack Day.
If you see one of those forlorn-looking folk holding a microphone or sucking on a pencil wondering where it has all gone wrong give them a hug.
Then take two steps back, point a finger at them and start laughing.
I mean a real rib-tickling belly laugh.
Those political fluffers deserve no better.
Stay in your bubble.

Remember: Knowledge is dangerous.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:38 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
I expect the media is doing just fine. People are probably glued to their sets right now for more COVID-19 news. The advertising dollars are still rolling in and people are getting paid. Plus it's nearly time for the convention coverage.

Old 03-06-2020, 07:30 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,257,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I expect the media is doing just fine. People are probably glued to their sets right now for more COVID-19 news. The advertising dollars are still rolling in and people are getting paid. Plus it's nearly time for the convention coverage.
The journalism industry has about half of the jobs it had in the year 2000.

Journalists are college educated, often via debt, live in the most expensive places in the country, and make in the mid five figures if they are salaried.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
The journalism industry has about half of the jobs it had in the year 2000.

Journalists are college educated, often via debt, live in the most expensive places in the country, and make in the mid five figures if they are salaried.
Yup.
Ron Burgundy they ain't.

Old 03-11-2020, 02:37 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Gonna be some lonely conventions. If the current level of flu hysteria keeps up, everyone will be cowering in their homes in hazmat suits among vast stockpiles of toilet paper, bottled water, and hand sanitizer.

The 21st century equivalent of fallout shelters.

Old 03-11-2020, 03:09 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Gonna be some lonely conventions. If the current level of flu hysteria keeps up, everyone will be cowering in their homes in hazmat suits among vast stockpiles of toilet paper, bottled water, and hand sanitizer.

The 21st century equivalent of fallout shelters.
This is the most stampedable era of human beings in the history of man. Seems the more technology advances, the dumber, blinder, and more helpless people become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media