Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 07:37 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I have been trying to understand why the leftist media and the democrats have gone to hyperbolic lengths to exploit the mass shooting tragedies last weekend, blaming the two shootings on white supremacy, trump supporters, and trump.

I found this article:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...es_139933.html

Only three months ago, the author foretold what would happen because a large number of Hispanic voters are leaning toward trump: the left would go "loco". the Leftists have gone loco. the media lies and hyperbole of calling the republicans names, attacking trump and his donors by democratic party politicians makes sense.
What is a large number of Hispanics as it relates to the overall number of registered Hispanic voters?

Sounds like just another guy with a broad brush creating click bait.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:38 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What is a large number of Hispanics as it relates to the overall number of registered Hispanic voters?

Sounds like just another guy with a broad brush creating click bait.
Read the linked article, mam.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:40 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
A lot of the far-right posters around here aren't even worth responding to, they're mostly trolls.

I just ignore them and try to engage the sensible people.
How do you define far right? Anyone who disagrees with you? That is typical leftists thinking if so. I don’t consider myself an extremists at all, have occasionally voted for a democrat and try to view issues without the emotion of right vs left, us against them. I did not vote for trump or Hillary because I did not want to be responsible for putting either in office. However, I have been shocked by the vitriol from the left since trump was elected. It’s on another level than this country has seen before. The left was so hurt from Hillary losing and it shows. I absolutely do not agree with the squad and think they are on some level dangerous to western values.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:41 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
This poll says only 25% of hispanics approve of Trump.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/262694/...al-rating.aspx

Old 08-07-2019, 07:43 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Says the troll with a LIE for a username.
Most Leftists are LIARS, and project their thoughts, feelings and actions onto YOU as accusations. It is the basis for their beliefs.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:45 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
My grandfather did NOT like the Irish and Italians. It was part of PA German culture in 1940. The point being voting patterns will slowly shift to whatever is mainstream at the time.
Lancaster, Reading, Philly?

Old 08-07-2019, 07:51 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
Great to see Tucker calling it out for what it is. He will be called a white supremacist/nationalist just for saying this. Again, the left will continue to label any white conservative who disagrees with them as a white supremacist/nationalist. It is the same thing as calling everything racist. These are the games they play.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:51 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I might have to start watching this guy. He recognizes the game the left is playing.

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carl...roblem-1452924

Have you noticed that "white supremacy", essentially a non-existent phenomenon, is now so widespread that half of Americans are presumably "white supremacist"?

The left keeps getting more and more crazy, almost at a logarithmic pace. They envision there is a klansman behind every bush and that half of Americans are dead set on eliminating minorities. It is the ultimate in fear mongering; however, totalitarians thrive on creating fear and division among citizens. They are simply using their Allinksy tactics to the extreme.

Don't fear the imaginary "white supremacist"- fear the real liberals that are the greatest threat the nation has faced, as they are an enemy within that can vote.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:59 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Because white extremists are not known to strap bombs on their chests and walk into the middle of a crowded mall or street scene and detonate. Extreme Muslims are very well known for this. I would not classify the guy who shot up in El Paso as white extremists. He had political views on both sides of the aisle. He seemed as concerned about pollution as he did anything.

Not only is the white extremists things a hoax but so is mass shootings when compared to how many people die in automobiles every year because of aggressive driving, distracted driving, and drug abuse. Those are the real killers that we as a society seem to gloss over for some reason. It’s mind boggling really.
No, they walk into a the middle of a crowded mall and shoot people or build a truck bomb and blow up a building.

Your classification of the El Paso shooter is worthless. His view on immigration was clearly right wing.

The mass shooting thing is not a "hoax". When people walk into a mall and the first thing they have to worry about is their escape root, it is as legitimate a terrorist threat as an airplane hijacking and intentional crash.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:09 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
Tucker Carlson is not a racist... and he's actually one of the best pundits in the media... but when he makes segments like this... he gets branded a racist, and loses advertisers.

White Supremacy is not a Hoax... and people dont have to register, or be apart of groups like the KKK to be considered a white supremacist. They are growing in number. That is a fact.

I don't blame Trump... I blame Obama, and all the identity politics/anti white racist bull**** that he did for 8 years.

White supremacy was a reaction to Obama.

The only way you end this nonsense is by actually securing the border/ending illegal immigration. No one has a problem with legal immigrants... but even white supremacists are right when they talk of an invasion...

why does a nation need to take in millions of dirt poor hispanics (that DO NOT BELONG IN THE COUNTRY) who bring crime&drugs? depress wages, and steal welfare? ruin schools& hospitals? Because they (once given amnesty), and their born citizen anchor babies vote democrat?

without being honest you can't criticize the other side.

White Supremacy is disgusting, but Obama's identity politics was just as disgusting. (I never saw media hysteria ripping him apart).
Could you provide one example where Obama went over the top with identity politics and likely caused people to become white supremacists? I’m not buying your theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media