Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2011, 03:50 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times

Advertisements

Plus Larry will recieve $90,000 pr. year w/full benefits...wow, sign me up for this Pension Plan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 10:33 AM

845 posts, read 2,542,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Plus Larry will recieve $90,000 pr. year w/full benefits...wow, sign me up for this Pension Plan

I think you have the number mixed up. I think he is getting like 377K from the deferred retirement program not 737K. In any case that is a pretty sweet deal. That pension payment is also ridiculous at 90K a year. Didn't he also just get a new 6 figure job with the State of Tennessee?

Old 03-03-2011, 11:46 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,958,591 times
His salary was pretty low compared to other large cities. It is barely more than some of the suburban Chiefs make in Shelby County. I can pretty much guarantee you the next MPD Director will be hired from within the organization because the salary is not very competitive. As much as Godwin has done to turn the city around, I think he deserves every penny of it.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:09 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigertate View Post
I think you have the number mixed up. I think he is getting like 377K from the deferred retirement program not 737K. In any case that is a pretty sweet deal. That pension payment is also ridiculous at 90K a year. Didn't he also just get a new 6 figure job with the State of Tennessee?
377k was his payout along with 120k (salary) x 3 years = 737k

Yes, he just landed another gig paying 110k a year + his 90k pension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
His salary was pretty low compared to other large cities. It is barely more than some of the suburban Chiefs make in Shelby County. I can pretty much guarantee you the next MPD Director will be hired from within the organization because the salary is not very competitive. As much as Godwin has done to turn the city around, I think he deserves every penny of it.
Doing a Nationwide search is a stupid idea. IMO Toney Armstrong is the man for the job

I agree to that if anyone deserves this kinda payout, it might as well be him, but this kinda stuff must stop. Anyone hired from this point further should be responsible for there own pension plan. We can no longer afford to payout these kinda ridonkolous sums of money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis