Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:18 PM

180 posts, read 202,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A 2009 University of California study contends the rise in autism diagnoses cannot be attributed to diagnostic substitution, and that a real epidemic is underway.
UC-Davis researchers found that the seven- to eight-fold increase in the number of children born in California with autism since 1990 could not be explained by either changes in how the condition is diagnosed or counted - and the trend shows no sign of abating, the university stated in announcing the study.
These are two additional studies that back up scores of others that all agree the increase in the autism rate (17% increase each year) is an actual increase and not due to a change in the way people are diagnosed. Meanwhile, there has still NOT ONE study on vaccinated versus non-vaccinated children and how it might relate to autism. There also has been no studies on toxic elements in the environment that could be causing the 600 percent increase bringing the incidents to 1 out of 110.
Most studies agree now that there is a genetic component, but that there is something triggering it. Common theory is that there is a genetic predisposition, but an environmental trigger.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:25 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,807,558 times
I've been wondering about this for awhile. I wish that someone would see if there is a connection with aspartame. It came on the market sometime around 1983, and people drink way more soda (diet and otherwise) than they did in 1983. My personal experience is that aspartame is really, really bad for your brain and may cause some mis-wiring and if pregnant women drink diet soda, it may hurt the fetus, but this is just a personal theory and I have not the resources to test it.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:36 PM

One thing to keep in mind is that the blood-brain barrier is does not start to develop until a baby is 28 days old and isn't fully developed until age 2-5.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:46 PM

345 posts, read 1,642,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I've been wondering about this for awhile. I wish that someone would see if there is a connection with aspartame. It came on the market sometime around 1983, and people drink way more soda (diet and otherwise) than they did in 1983. My personal experience is that aspartame is really, really bad for your brain and may cause some mis-wiring and if pregnant women drink diet soda, it may hurt the fetus, but this is just a personal theory and I have not the resources to test it.

Aspartame turns to formaldahyde in the body. (among other assorted maladies)

I'm pretty sure that formaldehyde causes Autism spectrum disorder.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino127 View Post

Well I'm not really sure but I sure would like to know. How would you go about getting someone to test your theory? Any scientists out there who would like to take this on? How would you test it anyway? Do other animals get autism? Do you ask mothers of children with autism whether they consumed aspartame? I work with these kids everyday, but I'd sure feel funny asking their mothers about their prenatal diets. I've never ever heard anyone mention a possible connection, but I had a seizure disorder for years b/c of the stuff and have heard of many other problems that people have had as well. I know that we've always had autism in the population, but not to this extent.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:11 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,234,079 times
Quote:

I'm pretty sure its gamma rays....

Old 05-11-2010, 06:57 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,568,138 times
Quote:

Learned something new, drink a lot products with sugar substitutes.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:32 AM

I don't think there is just one cause. One recent study I read said there are at least three different types of autism, early onset, regressive, and genetic (fragile X). I would postulate they could be caused by different triggers. There are many toxins and pollutants in the environment and there are many toxins in the vaccines. I'm not sure why they've only studied one ingredient in one shot rather than studying vaccinations as a whole. It would be like studying only whether cigarettes with tar caused more cancer (not just lung cancer but cancer in general) than cigarettes without tar.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:46 PM

I've heard of the vaccine connection but not sure I buy into it. For one thing they've been vaccinating kids since the 40's or so, and autism seems to be growing rapidly right now. I don't know whether they've started to do something different with the vaccines though. Also, I think they've been studying that connection and haven't found anything conclusive.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:08 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,234,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I've heard of the vaccine connection but not sure I buy into it. For one thing they've been vaccinating kids since the 40's or so, and autism seems to be growing rapidly right now. I don't know whether they've started to do something different with the vaccines though. Also, I think they've been studying that connection and haven't found anything conclusive.
You are correct....

There is NO vaccine connection to autism.....

The autism rate has continued to INCREASE since thimerosal was removed from childhood vaccines as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health