Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 11:08 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,632,962 times

Advertisements

For a year or so we would spend everyday together because I moved in her town to be with her. But now I moved out early this month so I can pay my debt and start saving for our future. We now live 65 miles apart. She wants to hang out every weekend and I agreed. But lately I couldn't saturday and she think I don't want to see her. I just have work to catch up on but at the same time I want to conserve my energy because everytime we hang out, I get exhausted (hiking, driving, etc) plus I'm trying to become debt free and save this summer.

Yesterday for the first time I heard her cry when we were arguing on the phone. I tell her the reasons and she says not good enough or blames me for not sticking to my word about every weekend. Says I don't care about her anymore but that's not true. I hate being told what to do and how to live, that's why I'm trying to become financially secure and the cost is making me hard to work. I can't concentrate how I should because I'm worrying about what she might do.

I just want peace of mind so I can work. I told her that we could have a break with seeing eachother for the next couple of months, not because I want to see anybody else but only because I don't want this headache and arguing while I'm doing what I have to do. She doesn't seem to want that though. What and how should I tell her so that she doesn't get mad and bitter? She isn't talking to me now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 10:00 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,289,784 times
Why did you feel the need to move away to pay your debt?...Is there any chance you could live together?...I think after being with you every day for "a year or so" she 's got every right to be upset.....couldn't you reach for your goal of becoming financially secure when she's around??? I don't understand??

Old 06-28-2011, 10:03 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
For a year or so we would spend everyday together because I moved in her town to be with her. But now I moved out early this month so I can pay my debt and start saving for our future. We now live 65 miles apart. She wants to hang out every weekend and I agreed. But lately I couldn't saturday and she think I don't want to see her. I just have work to catch up on but at the same time I want to conserve my energy because everytime we hang out, I get exhausted (hiking, driving, etc) plus I'm trying to become debt free and save this summer.

Yesterday for the first time I heard her cry when we were arguing on the phone. I tell her the reasons and she says not good enough or blames me for not sticking to my word about every weekend. Says I don't care about her anymore but that's not true. I hate being told what to do and how to live, that's why I'm trying to become financially secure and the cost is making me hard to work. I can't concentrate how I should because I'm worrying about what she might do.

I just want peace of mind so I can work. I told her that we could have a break with seeing eachother for the next couple of months, not because I want to see anybody else but only because I don't want this headache and arguing while I'm doing what I have to do. She doesn't seem to want that though. What and how should I tell her so that she doesn't get mad and bitter? She isn't talking to me now.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:32 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,093,821 times
Quote:

Why should she? you dont have a break from someone you say you love? your just not ready for a committment..and you want her to wait for you until you think your ready? I hope she finds someone who wants to spend time with her, and can make the time to be with her...
I dont get is why you had to move out to be more financial secure?
She deserves someone better than you..and I hope she realizes that..

Old 06-29-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Why did you feel the need to move away to pay your debt?...Is there any chance you could live together?...I think after being with you every day for "a year or so" she 's got every right to be upset.....couldn't you reach for your goal of becoming financially secure when she's around??? I don't understand??
I'm living with my parents now and working, when I lived in her town I was renting and wasn't working.

Charles what is that suppose to mean. I don't understand strange pictures.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post

Neither do I..its his excuse because he wants her to wait..just incase it doesnt work out with someone else..more than likely this seperation he will start dating someone else..Please like we cant see right thru him..

Old 06-29-2011, 09:38 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,681,199 times
Quote:
I'm living with my parents now and working, when I lived in her town I was renting and wasn't working.

Red flag dear, she is clingy....

Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Why should she? you dont have a break from someone you say you love? your just not ready for a committment..and you want her to wait for you until you think your ready? I hope she finds someone who wants to spend time with her, and can make the time to be with her...
I dont get is why you had to move out to be more financial secure?
She deserves someone better than you..and I hope she realizes that..
I guess I had this crazy notion that if people love eachother, they can waite a couple months. I still agree to the weekly visit but all week she is bugging me to come right then and now when I'm in the middle of things and threatening. I came on 2 instances where she wouldn't even come out. I'm paying debt and want to start saving for a house so we don't have to live paycheck to paycheck. She even has my car now which I thought would help her cope with me gone but it seems like the more u give the more people expect.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:

It means tell your girlfriend to leave you..your just crazy...you will make her cook 3 meals a day?..

Old 06-29-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Red flag dear, she is clingy....
I see. I became confused because I received 2 replies and thought the 2nd one wouldn't contradict the first one. Men and females have very different perspectives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health