Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2017, 10:25 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times

Advertisements

Has any one hear about Demi Lovatos current instagram drama?
I just heard about it and it is so crazy how people think you can cure and Eating Disorder.
She and anyone else that has a hx of an eating disorder knows if it life long and you will have to take things day by day.

This whole come out and I am cure nonsense annoys me. I really admire her for sharing the truth about her eating disorder. Most people never really tell the truth about how they look the way they do. Looking like for most people is very naturally unattainable. People that look like that ( I am referring to her current instagarm post) either do have disordered eating patterns or have extremely intense athletic exercise routines Ex professional athletes.

A detail in Demi Lovato's latest Instagram selfie has her fans furious.

Demi ... your are not cured. You are living with it. It is hard.
Thanks you for being honest... but I honestly don't believe you are really okay now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 12:59 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,513 times
What is wrong with believing you're cured? If it works; it's good. Our brains are amazing, and if we program ourselves to be cured: than we can be cured. Will it last...who knows.

She is currently being hassled about her advertisements for the detox tea. Hey, you don't have to buy it. She's making money as she has learned how to make money. I say more power to her.

The power of our minds to change our bodies and behavior is incredible. We are only at the start of understanding just how much power we have, and what we can do with it.

Remember: it wasn't too long ago we use to bleed people (bloodletting).When George Washington had a terrible sore throat he was bloodlet for a huge amount resulting in his death from Hypovolemic Shock and Epiglottitis.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:29 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
What is wrong with believing you're cured? If it works; it's good. Our brains are amazing, and if we program ourselves to be cured: than we can be cured. Will it last...who knows.

She is currently being hassled about her advertisements for the detox tea. Hey, you don't have to buy it. She's making money as she has learned how to make money. I say more power to her.

The power of our minds to change our bodies and behavior is incredible. We are only at the start of understanding just how much power we have, and what we can do with it.

Remember: it wasn't too long ago we use to bleed people (bloodletting).When George Washington had a terrible sore throat he was bloodlet for a huge amount resulting in his death from Hypovolemic Shock and Epiglottitis.
Don't get me wrong I wish her well. However after having to work with patients with eating disorders for way too long and knowing many in my own personal life it is a life long struggle. It is like any other forum of mental illness or addiction. It is with you for life. That does not mean you can remain on track, but that does not mean it is truely cured. You learn how to better cope to function. I think claiming I am cured is a really premature comment. Then again she is still pretty young to understand that.

Anyone who has an eating disorder or knows someone who has an eating disorder knows that slipping back in to the old swing of things can often be triggered by "fad diet or cleans trends". This is more what the outrage is about.

I can appreciate the mind over matter type thinking, but similar to alcoholics that think well it is just one drink... then slip back in to old habbits... this is what the start of a detox type product can mean for someone with an eating disorder.

It is like having an known recovering alcoholic be the spokes person for an alcohol chain. Just seems in appropriate.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:17 PM

236 posts, read 259,137 times
I had eating disorders as a teenager and am 99.9% sure that nothing would make me slip back into that now. There are a few things I've struggled with/abused over the years, but alcohol is the only one that still has a lot of power over me. But I'm sure that others who have dealt with EDs still struggle every day, I guess it's different for everyone how much certain things affect us and are hard to stay away from.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:51 PM

I think in general in the living of work she is in the pressure is always going to be much more intense then the average person. I wish her the best. I know how hard it is and she actually seems like a good natured person.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:54 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,417 times
Demi Lovato is a diagnosed bipolar, so anything she said has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health