Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2014, 07:34 PM

187 posts, read 626,589 times

Advertisements

The longer I continue to take Zoloft (approx. 10 wks so far) the better I feel. I'm inquisitive to know at what point will I level off? I guess thats relative to how far down someone is when they start. I believe now a deressed person needs ssri's like a diabetic needs insulin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 10:54 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
I kind of have plateaued at a good level - the drug first took effect after about a month to 6 weeks, as my doctor indicated. It was very subtle, but one day I just woke up and realized that despite the crushing stressors in my life, I wasn't in full-blown panic mode and I could sleep. It was wonderful.

I am on a fairly low dosage, and honestly, my depression/anxiety issues have been mild compared to others'. But basically, I've maintained the same level of calm that I had at 6 weeks.

If you have been severely depressed, maybe the drug is still taking effect, but also you may just have gotten the impetus to improve on your own. With depression, those first few steps are the hardest - maybe the Zoloft got you over the hump and you've been improving off of the base it provided you on your own.

I don't know if that made sense ...

Old 12-09-2014, 01:51 PM

All I know I'm sleeping better than I have in the past 5 yrs. I'm also dropping bodyfat.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:18 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,510 times
At 3 months I was back to me and quit...no need for it since. Just got me over a prolonged extremely difficult hump. Wee're all different....Pay attention to YOU

Old 12-11-2014, 10:53 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,569,570 times
My sister swears by it, when she found out she was having an unexpected 3rd child. I really like how her personality has modified some. the lows just aren't as low as they once were.

I will be talking with my doctor on Monday about the product, as i've been a spotty user of cymbalta in the past. I liked the product and i think it helped me.

Anecdotally, any significant side effects of zoloft from our group here?

Old 12-11-2014, 11:54 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS250 View Post
The longer I continue to take Zoloft (approx. 10 wks so far) the better I feel. I'm inquisitive to know at what point will I level off? I guess thats relative to how far down someone is when they start. I believe now a deressed person needs ssri's like a diabetic needs insulin.
Congratulations on coming to that conclusion! Most people never do.

Depending on how fast you have gotten to your "therapeutic dose," i would think that you should " level off" soon.

I've taken Zoloft in the past but it made my mind very foggy. And then I became depressed that i could not think (although my negative thought feedback loop was making me depressed in the first place!) But it DID help my depression more than Prozac or Effexor.

I'm currently on Cymbalta and Wellbutrin for depression and hypersomnia. They help, but I am not "fixed" by them.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:44 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,825,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
My sister swears by it, when she found out she was having an unexpected 3rd child. I really like how her personality has modified some. the lows just aren't as low as they once were.

I will be talking with my doctor on Monday about the product, as i've been a spotty user of cymbalta in the past. I liked the product and i think it helped me.

Anecdotally, any significant side effects of zoloft from our group here?
The only thing I noticed was at the beginning I was jumpy and felt like I was rushing around... But I do that anyway..really never had side effects from it...today is 8 weeks...Zoloft is supposed to be good for panic and agoraphobia..no weight gain either...

Good luck..

Old 12-17-2014, 06:54 PM

Considering the deep depression I was in for five L-O-N-G I'd now if I was forced to choose zoloft over food. Nothing ever in my life has ever made me as stable & clear headed as zoloft. I'll never stop taking this wonderful medication unless told to by a physician. Ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health