Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2018, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 306 times

Advertisements

Hi All, Please delete if this post is not allowed. I am a graduate student completing my dissertation and looking for participants for my study. I am examining the impact that self-advocacy can have on mental health outcomes. I hope to be able to use this data to develop strengths-based psychotherapy techniques.

If you are interested please see the recruitment letter below. Thank you in advance.

Hello,

You are being invited to participate in a research study for Heather Cornett’s dissertation at Texas Woman’s University. The purpose of the current study is to examine the role of self-advocacy in those with a severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI) and how it relates to self-stigma and life satisfaction. The research is intended to supply the researcher with information about strategies that could improve life satisfaction in individuals diagnosed with an SPMI. Completion time for the survey is approximately 15-25 minutes. Participants are only allowed to participate once in the current study. In exchange for your participation, you may optionally choose to be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card.

Eligibility requirements for participants include:
(a) Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
(b) Must have been diagnosed with one of the following at any point in your life: Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder (I or II), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Schizoaffective Disorder, Schizophrenia, or Autism Spectrum Disorder.
(c) Must not have been diagnosed with an Intellectual Disability.

Participation in this study is voluntary and participants may withdraw from the study at any time without penalty. This study has been approved by Texas Woman’s University Institutional Review Board. Please click on the following link to view the informed consent document and to participate in the study:

https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=182974

There is a potential risk of loss of confidentiality in all email, downloading, and Internet transactions. Thank you in advance for you time. Your participation will contribute to the researcher’s body of research on the topic of severe and persistent mental illness.

Thank you,
Heather Cornett
Ph.D. Candidate
Texas Woman’s University
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health