Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2007, 02:03 PM

6 posts, read 23,436 times

Advertisements

I am planning on renting a apartment for a month in Matamoros, mexico. I see many in The $150- $250(US) price range in the El Bravo (Matamoros newspaper) online. Clasificados (broken link)

Does anyone have any tips ( for a gringo) on approaching and talking to these mexican Landlords?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 05:04 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,083 times
I know this is off topic but doesn't Matamoros stand for kill hoodlums?

Old 11-12-2007, 06:04 PM

6 posts, read 23,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
as long as it doesn't stand for kill gringos

but anyway, any tips or advise for apartment hunting in Matamoros, Mexico?

Old 11-13-2007, 03:31 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Hmmm moro in spanish = moor

You must know that the spaniards fought wars with the moors for the territory that is now known as Spain, that must be the reason of the name.

This is offtopic too, but there's a dish called christians and moors, it's a mixture of white rice and black beans

^^^^ moros y cristianos anyone?

Old 12-04-2007, 08:19 PM

23 posts, read 149,084 times
- try to avoid the "colonias" far from downtown
- best places are in downtown and in "fraccionamientos" like "Victoria", "Valle Alto", "Rio", etc

- Approach the landlords explaining the reason for renting and the period of time...ask for a "recibo" (receipt)

Old 12-11-2009, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 8,580 times
Default finding apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmayor007 View Post
I am planning on renting a apartment for a month in Matamoros, mexico. I see many in The $150- $250(US) price range in the El Bravo (Matamoros newspaper) online. Clasificados (broken link)

Does anyone have any tips ( for a gringo) on approaching and talking to these mexican Landlords?
I rented an apartment for five months in juarez. I found the apartment through the assistance of a very cooperative english speaking taxi driver, who interpreted for me, and found me a very nice deal. of course, he never said so, but i felt he expected a propina, so i gave him a healthy fee.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 6,467 times
finally, are you in Matamoros ¡? just arrived and looking for a nice place where to stay... do you share your place, single 45 years old Ba degree, looking for a room or apartment to share [email]humanidades47@hotmail.com[/email] 868 904 7539
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico