Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 03:03 PM

275 posts, read 978,675 times

Advertisements

I am totally dismayed, sad and alarmed by what is happening now. All the media talk on the radio about Trump.

All the time I think how it might have been possible for this person to have won. It is incredible to think how one of its strategies was to deny global warming and at the same time to boost the coal industry, when it causes a lot of pollution, aside from the fact that today the American economy is based on the services sector.

The fact of the wall is one of the few Mexicans who consider that within the whole, is in all its right as long as it is within the American territory and even then there will be disputes.

The saddest thing of all is how this guy wants to get out of NAFTA when it is fully proven that that decision would cause a great recession within his economy. Who the hell as president comes up with ideas that go against his economy and generate a considerable loss of jobs.

In the USA, it is in the best interest of US companies to stay in Mexico and from here to create low-paid jobs and at the same time favor the finished products offered at a competitive price.

The departure of many American companies in Mexico will cost a lot of unemployment and where they will want to stop those unemployed ... to USA.

God enlightens this character so that his rhetoric and posture is for the benefit of all and not thinking with his head hot.

And well you do not have to talk about Steven Bannon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 03:12 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,052,003 times
Quote:
The U.S. goods trade deficit with Mexico was $58 billion in 2015.
He didn't say renege on NAFTA, he said renegotiate it into a fair deal that works for both sides. Right now it is one-sided.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:14 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito View Post
I am totally dismayed, sad and alarmed by what is happening now. All the media talk on the radio about Trump.

All the time I think how it might have been possible for this person to have won. It is incredible to think how one of its strategies was to deny global warming and at the same time to boost the coal industry, when it causes a lot of pollution, aside from the fact that today the American economy is based on the services sector.

The fact of the wall is one of the few Mexicans who consider that within the whole, is in all its right as long as it is within the American territory and even then there will be disputes.

The saddest thing of all is how this guy wants to get out of NAFTA when it is fully proven that that decision would cause a great recession within his economy. Who the hell as president comes up with ideas that go against his economy and generate a considerable loss of jobs.

In the USA, it is in the best interest of US companies to stay in Mexico and from here to create low-paid jobs and at the same time favor the finished products offered at a competitive price.

The departure of many American companies in Mexico will cost a lot of unemployment and where they will want to stop those unemployed ... to USA.

God enlightens this character so that his rhetoric and posture is for the benefit of all and not thinking with his head hot.

And well you do not have to talk about Steven Bannon
You've been misled your whole life. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
He didn't say renege on NAFTA, he said renegotiate it into a fair deal that works for both sides. Right now it is one-sided.
Yes but the deficit with Mexico is much lower against other countries with USA.

Remember that much Mexican exports, is due to many "products" manufactured in Mexico por operational savings.

If you are willing to buy much more expensive products because the manufacturers decided to return them to the USA, you will remember that the operating costs will be higher and therefore there will be more inflation and with your money you will be able to buy less.

So now you think is right to start buying manufactured products in Mexico with a tariff of 35% more? wow!!!! brilliant and convenient

Old 11-16-2016, 03:36 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
I didn't vote for Trump and won't excuse his more outrageous rhetoric... however you need not take him literally. His own voters don't take him literally. Trump will tweak trade deals but he knows a trade war would cause an American recession and loose him the senate and house in 2018 and reelection in 2020.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:54 PM

One of the main problems is that many people believe that Trump will be harmless. The alarmism returned to the USA when one of its main advisers will a WN.

It's good that there are people who are proud of being white, of their heritage, in fact I am proud to be white but those ideas should be turned into making folk festivals, using names of your ancestors, etc..., but ever in favor of ideas that proclaim hate.

In addition Trump is selecting characters like Kobach that his initiative only provoked taunts, is also being nepotistic to possibly select his son-in-law for some charges.

I do not see any place where you soften your policies.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Yes but the deficit with Mexico is much lower against other countries with USA.

Remember that much Mexican exports, is due to many "products" manufactured in Mexico por operational savings.

If you are willing to buy much more expensive products because the manufacturers decided to return them to the USA, you will remember that the operating costs will be higher and therefore there will be more inflation and with your money you will be able to buy less.

So now you think is right to start buying manufactured products in Mexico with a tariff of 35% more? wow!!!! brilliant and convenient
Tariffs are a terrible idea. Exporting labor to Mexico was a terrible idea for America. I don't know what Trump is going to do or if it is going to work, but the standard of living for the American worker has been stagnant or in decline since NAFTA and globalization took hold. If he can renegotiate NAFTA and make it work, more power to him.

BTW, I did not vote for Trump or Hillary, but I understand the backlash.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
One of the main problems is that many people believe that Trump will be harmless. The alarmism returned to the USA when one of its main advisers will a WN.

It's good that there are people who are proud of being white, of their heritage, in fact I am proud to be white but those ideas should be turned into making folk festivals, using names of your ancestors, etc..., but ever in favor of ideas that proclaim hate.

In addition Trump is selecting characters like Kobach that his initiative only provoked taunts, is also being nepotistic to possibly select his son-in-law for some charges.

I do not see any place where you soften your policies.
A fence, not a wall.
Deport the criminal immigrants and then figure what to do with the rest.
Keep the parts of Obamacare that people like.
No more talk of a Muslim ban.

It's been just over a week and his stance is softening like a rotten tomato.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:35 PM

...and to many jobs have been created in America thanks to NAFTA. Sincerely NAFTA is kind of an old agreement that should be updated in favour of all countries that are signed.

I have lost a lot of money at stock thanks to the panic in Mexico for the re-negotiation in NAFTA.

Believe me, China is way more agressive thank Mexico in the balance. At the end of time Mexico of this block, and it is convenient to have Mexico calm or more people will try to migrate to USA, more people will start working as traffic smugglers, and those are real threats to USA.

Trump could talk many things about muslims, fence and a large etcetera, but position against Mexican economy still in the same way.

So ok bro, let's bring back jobs to "America", with the same labour conditions as it is in Mexico. Once all those jobs created thanks to usa investement and brought back to USA will increase in a large way the costs of that products. Companies do not traslate their factories because they like mexican climate, no, it is because of having more saving to the american market

Old 11-16-2016, 07:17 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
NAFTA has been terrible for Mexico, I do not see how people continually do not understand this. There is article after article online explaining this. Illegal immigration to the US increased dramatically after NAFTA took effect.

Trump does not want to do away with NAFTA, he wants to tweak some of it, and Mexico and Canada should want to as well.

There are aspects of NAFTA that impacted all countries negatively that should be tweaked.

I really do not even see how anyone, especially from Mexico, can defend any of it; illegal immigration picked up dramatically when NAFTA too effect, millions of Mexicans fled Mexico due to the negative economic conditions brought on by NAFTA. Why would anyone even think it is a normal situation and country where millions of people not only legally immigrate, but illegally immigrate as well.

Yet the solution is to...keep going business as usual? Not even address this issue at all? Has millions fleeing Mexico just become the norm and expectation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico